Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

At the expense of everyone knowing how dumb I am on the internet, what's wrong with my LinkedIn profile?

http://linkd.in/ZWPM2E

I really never get any people looking at me. I'm sitting at around 2 or 3 views per month and have never been contacted by recruiters or anything, and I have no idea why. What am I doing wrong? :(

oxsnard posted:

discussions from the unhireable, socially challenged weirdos who keep posting quality threads such as "How do I go about becoming an environmental engineer now that I'm graduated and didn't get accepted into the PhD program?"

Ha ha lets laugh at the jobless losers ha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Three of Clubs posted:

I can't view anything in your profile as you're a third degree connection to me. You're also someone that I can't connect to, all I can do is send you in-mails.

At a guess the reason why few people view your profile is because you have 22 connections so you're not in many peoples networks. I'd imagine that a lot of people, like myself, can't see your profile.

hitension posted:

Your account isn't public. Simple fix!

Wait, really? :psyduck: I can see my profile just fine if I log out. I have it set to "make my profile viewable to everyone". Where do I change this so I can actually show up?

edit: Is that the whole "not in network thing"?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ohhhhhhh, right.

Ok here it is

It's otherwise perfectly visible although the network restriction thing is still uh. a thing.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:gonk:

I just got contacted by a recruiter today. I expressed interest in the position and was gonna talk to him tomorrow about it...should I not have done so?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I spoke to that recruiter I mentioned earlier. He came across my resume I assume on LinkedIn, and thought I qualified for the job since I had experience with CT machines and technology and also mentioned having some experience in programming/software development. Plus, the company is looking for recent grads according to him. The client is apparently a subsidiary of Samsung, so it's not a total unknown. I do have experience with CT and similar technology - I had an internship in the medical physics department at Mayo Clinic, and some work at UMass - and the position "requires candidate's input in all facets of software development: requirements, design, implementation, verification, and release."

That said, I graduated as a BME BS - that's a plus on the medical device side, but I feel lacking in the software development/electrical engineering department.

The company wants someone with experience with medical device software, writing assembly instructions, writing GPU algorithms, and electrical hardware. He did mention they'd be willing to train me on the job, though I'm not sure to what extent.

They are looking for a contract-to-hire position, I don't know if that's a problem - is it?

I feel like the position is slightly more geared towards people with a CS or EE background, but if he thinks I qualify, I might as well apply for it, right? :ohdear: I really wanted to know why he thought I was a good fit for the position, and I understand why he would. I would like to know other people's opinion on this, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hence me asking him why he thought I was good for the position. I assume that if he's legit, then he's been told what the prospectives need for the job. And if this doesn't pan out, oh well, back to plan B.

• Locked thread