Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Torrannor posted:

Berlin was pretty unique for a while for being poorer than the German average. Although that has changed a bit, and somewhere in the last decade, it became a little bit richer than the German average. But other cities like Frankfurt or Munich are much richer still.

Hamburg is the most important city in Germany, as it is the only place with Hesburgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

They should do the opposite and reclassify Reykjavik as a town.

That would be the funniest option

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Promote the Reykjavik mayor to borgarkøng

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Can't see how anyone would disagree with that

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

point roberts is a peninsula with a population of 1200 and the need for a customs office.

i'm just saying

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

the isolated southern Ontario part is excellent

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Subjunctive posted:

the isolated southern Ontario part is excellent

The whole thing is wonderful, I'm partial to the bridge to Isle Royale myself.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
There's a place in Canada called Moose Factory?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Where did you think they came from?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Well yeah. Where else are all the moose going to come from?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I assume more than one, honestly

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Sure is. It's on Moose Factory Island, which is in the Moose River.

Also there used to be a place called Rat Portage, but they changed it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I always thought moose were made in small-scale local workshops.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I always thought moose were made in small-scale local workshops.

That's just what they tell the tourists.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Why not stretch out the line just a bit further to connect to Greenland?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EasilyConfused posted:

That's just what they tell the tourists.

Next you'll tell me they don't sell medicinal headwear in Medicine Hat.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

point roberts is a peninsula with a population of 1200 and the need for a customs office.

i'm just saying
A real train service has room for the entire population on a single train. Anything else is just an overgrown bus.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Not only can, but must, Railsea/Iron Council style.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Anyone who disagrees with this proposal to connect marginalized minority communities to Canada by investing in high speed rail is a raging racist.

Follow me on Twitter for more balanced and rational political views.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I looked it up and Alert, Nunavut has a permanent population of 0. It's so northerly that they couldn't even fit it on their own map. I would have to question the wisdom of linking it as part of a high speed rail system.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Phlegmish posted:

I looked it up and Alert, Nunavut has a permanent population of 0. It's so northerly that they couldn't even fit it on their own map. I would have to question the wisdom of linking it as part of a high speed rail system.

Well that's how you encourage dense urban development there

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

Isle Royal, one of three US stops, also has no permanent residents. The route doesn't discriminate against low- or no- population communities.

In Eastern Quebec the line is segmented-- does anyone know what that means?

There's also a bunch of greyed out lines. Plans for future expansion?

I think my only issues is that St Pierre and Miquelon as well as Hans Island aren't connected to the system. Two more countries could be connected to this already-international line.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Count Roland posted:

There are gaps on the tracks to save on steel. The train has to do sweet jumps over those bits.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

USA should pay for the green line construction, imo

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

PittTheElder posted:

Sure is. It's on Moose Factory Island, which is in the Moose River.

Also there used to be a place called Rat Portage, but they changed it.

Rats can swim and walk you don't need to portage them

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Tei posted:

USA should pay for the green line construction, imo

Extend it to Nome and we have a deal.

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

Count Roland posted:

Isle Royal, one of three US stops, also has no permanent residents. The route doesn't discriminate against low- or no- population communities.

There's also a bunch of greyed out lines. Plans for future expansion?

I think my only issues is that St Pierre and Miquelon as well as Hans Island aren't connected to the system. Two more countries could be connected to this already-international line.

The highway to Labrador along the coast stops on the Rive-Nord and doesn't reach Blanc-Sablon. There's a seasonal ice road.

It's just nice that they kept that around for the hsr.

SimonSays fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Apr 12, 2024

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Count Roland posted:

St Pierre et Miquelon is connected on the "medium blue" line. It’s true Hans Island missing is a major oversight, but maybe when they made this map it was back when that was still a contested territory. Wouldn’t want to incite any wars due to this rail plan.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Rats can swim and walk you don't need to portage them

Shame on you for making your rats swim and walk, you god drat animal abuser

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Saladman posted:

St Pierre et Miquelon is connected on the "medium blue" line. It’s true Hans Island missing is a major oversight, but maybe when they made this map it was back when that was still a contested territory. Wouldn’t want to incite any wars due to this rail plan.

Oh drat didn't notice St Pierre! This really does have everything

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
Love that the only stop with an airport icon is Gander.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

The fact that the map is labeled as being made for twitter by one person based on a map by someone else, makes me suspect it's not meant seriously.

(That, and everything else about the map.)

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Ditocoaf posted:

The fact that the map is labeled as being made for twitter by one person based on a map by someone else, makes me suspect it's not meant seriously.

(That, and everything else about the map.)

Look at this guy. Probably thinks Kelly cartoons aren't serious either. :rolleyes:

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

I was surprised that Utah doesn't have a Major League team. The South is also really vacant.

Politically loaded for the number of teams that have moved from where they were founded.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Almost no one lives within that boundary, except Colorado, which does appear to have a team. Wyoming has a population of less than 600k. This is not a particularly surprising map.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

land doesn’t buy $15 hotdogs

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Fell Fire posted:

I was surprised that Utah doesn't have a Major League team. The South is also really vacant.

Politically loaded for the number of teams that have moved from where they were founded.

What % of the population lives inside that area?

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
The Rockies have at least 22 votes in the senate, they are a very powerful team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

Kennel posted:

What % of the population lives inside that area?

It's going to depend an awful lot on where the sloppy red line falls because Austin, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Portland, and Las Vegas are all kind of in or out depending on the font on the size of the team logos.

It's also weird not to include all of Canada if you're doing an MLB map. You could make it a lot more ridiculous by extending North.

Leviathan Song fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 13, 2024