Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a bad enough dude
Jun 30, 2007

APPARENTLY NOT A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO STICK TO ONE THING AT A TIME WHETHER ITS PBPS OR A SHITTY BROWSER GAME THAT I BEG MONEY FOR AND RIPPED FROM TROPICO. ALSO I LET RETARDED UKRANIANS THAT CAN'T PROGRAM AND HAVE 2000 HOURS IN GARRY'S MOD RUN MY SHIT.

This Jacket Is Me posted:

I'm bad at/casually interested in ethnography, and I remember reading about Slav tribes living south of Denmark during the first century, noted in correspondences amongst Roman military leaders. Is this not true, or is there some distinction between North and South Slavs that's applicable?

Slavs probably originated from the Ukraine, and probably didn't start major expansion until the 4th-5th century. You're likely thinking of the Saxons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bad enough dude
Jun 30, 2007

APPARENTLY NOT A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO STICK TO ONE THING AT A TIME WHETHER ITS PBPS OR A SHITTY BROWSER GAME THAT I BEG MONEY FOR AND RIPPED FROM TROPICO. ALSO I LET RETARDED UKRANIANS THAT CAN'T PROGRAM AND HAVE 2000 HOURS IN GARRY'S MOD RUN MY SHIT.
I honestly don't buy that map. I live in Austin and the only real threats are tornadoes, and they're not especially bad around here. I'm from Houston and yeah, flooding and hurricanes are a real problem, but honestly a big quake in California seems like it could do a lot more damage.

It seems like they rate tornadoes ten times worse than all other disasters, which is weird because they're really no at all.

a bad enough dude
Jun 30, 2007

I'm a Texan and I had no clue what a cruller is.

a bad enough dude
Jun 30, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

I got nothing against bilingualism; I wish I spoke French so that I converse with half the folks in Quebec. But I don't think there's value inherent in this or that language. The world would be an easier place if we all just spoke one language - preferably English, because I already know that one.

Working hard for a goons.txt mention eh?

a bad enough dude
Jun 30, 2007

the jizz taxi posted:

It's not racist to say that Roma are pretty far removed from mainstream society and thus have a real hard time adapting to its customs and habits, which are frequently at odds with their own lifestyle. It is racist to say that they'd be naturally more inclined to do crime or whatever.

Racism is absolutely not limited to a belief in biological differences. For example the internet's much beloved "I don't hate black people I just dislike black culture" is racism.

a bad enough dude
Jun 30, 2007

Interesting how this also seems to track family history. From Houston, but mother's side of the family is from Louisiana (mostly Baton Rouge and New Orleans) and father's side is from southern Arkansas. I've never lived in Louisiana, only Houston, San Antonio and Austin.

a bad enough dude fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Dec 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bad enough dude
Jun 30, 2007

Literally all I know about Colorado Springs is that it is super Republican and it has the air force base, and I've spent a total of a two months there.