Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

This should have been posted in the OP. PNAC redrawing of the ME.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Incidentally several of the films that haven't been mentioned yet are probably good viewing for D&Ders if drama is up your alley. The Lives of Others and The Shop on Main Street are pretty good dramas focusing the Stasi and Slovakian collaboration with the Nazis in the Holocaust respectively.
Or you could watch the Belarusian holocaust film Come and See. Not exactly light viewing plz be warned. :smith:
Part 1
Part 2
Roger Ebert's Great Movie writeup about it if you don't have time.

Budzilla fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jan 9, 2014

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Ras Het posted:

It's members of some aboriginal group as a percent of the total. I can't remember which, but I've seen the map before.
Torres Strait Islanders probably.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Hogge Wild posted:

because it's really boring
Here is why.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Patrick Spens posted:

Half of Australia's population lives in the red areas
It would be much more than that. When you count the 10 most populous cities and towns in Australia it makes up ~70% of the population and that still leaves a lot of towns not included in those red areas like Geelong, Hobart, Darwin, etc.... I would say the number is north of 80%

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Golbez posted:

I'm going to be bold and say the red dots comprise 99% of the population, leaving 230,000 outside the red areas.
You're probably correct. Just enlarging the picture in Chome you can see smaller townships. There are 2 dots north of Cairns which are probably the towns of Mossman(pop ~1700) and Port Douglas (~32000). Although it doesn't explain why Tennant Creek is not visible (4000)

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Platystemon posted:

They wont’t give it up without a fight.
Well Thatcher was considering to hand back the Falklands 2 years before the invasion. If the people of Gibraltar want independence or to join Spain they can. Although neither of those things will ever happen because the status quo is a much more attractive (and popular) prospect.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

fishmech posted:

What's the advantage supposed to be of unicamerals?
There's too many factors. I live in Queensland, a unicameral Australian state. Most state laws are relatively the same across the board and like everywhere else lovely laws get passed. But Queensland extreme shitness can't be blamed on its parliamentary structure although that can exacerbate it greatly: see Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen. He was the conservative head of government for 2 decades through gerrymander and the state institutions turned (more) corrupt. However, a senate would have done little to stop him since my state is largely conservative and his party(or coalition) always got the majority of the votes. Crossing the aisle is not really a common thing in Australian parliaments either.

The last time we had a conservative government in (2012-2015) they passed lovely laws that Amnesty International had a go at. So when they were kicked out did the new team repeal them? Hardly. The voters and the politicians will find ways to make things lovely.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Korea: unified

So is China.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Kamrat posted:

Here's one for the world, but I don't know if this one is right either because I thought Australian rules football was the most popular in Australia,
It's called the Barassi Line. Cricket wins by default because of how evenly split the football codes are in popularity. But cricket is still very popular in its own right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They might be British.

Explain yourselves, the Dutch.

Why would you need to wash up if you live in a swamp?