Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Presence_of_Mine_Enemies

Harry Turtledove book set in a Nazi World of modern times. IIRC, there are sections where certain characters pine for the good ol days of the Original Fuhrer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

with our current technology, we're already way beyond unsustainable - especially at anything resembling first world living standards.

not everyone in the world is getting fed properly, global warming, limited energy resources, aquifer depletion; lots of signs that we are not on a sustainable path.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Had to google the Hadza. Apparently, they're an ethnic group from Tanzania consisting of less than 1,000 members. Their language is unrelated to any other language.

With so few members, that means the samples on the chart represent like 3-5% of the all the Hadza....

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Xcom2 release schedule?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Oh poo poo, i actually almost got it. I was looking at the previous page and after giving up on any kind of indicator for inconsitency the popularity of some areas lead me to think it was related to media coverage in some way. But toooooo slooooooooow.

Good one~~

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

I think the great African lake is supposed to be the Mediterranean

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

The size of .tk on internet map is pretty hilarious. I wager 90% of the domains are domain campers.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

"Wait, Dicksie??"

"Always has been..."

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Well... You can buy wood pellet grills still

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

don't worry, America's on the case

quote:

As part of his deal to become House speaker, Kevin McCarthy reportedly promised his party’s conservative hardliners a vote on legislation that would scrap the entire American tax code and replace it with a jumbo-sized national sales tax.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

I'm Switzerland II: African Adventure

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

is there, um, some better color for communists

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Lmao at the peoples who were like 'Look at these weird deer things fuckin FEET.'

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

That's a... shockingly large amount of ethanol land considering how poo poo ethanol is.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Pontius Pilate posted:

There’s many, many things wrong with this but it tickles me that invasion goes inland enough to seize Yellowstone. All those valuable targets like. Guess they wanted some good nature and California and the PNW just wasn’t enough

You mean its not a strategic onsen installation??

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

i cant help but read that as 'Net Worth' for some reason

it kinda makes sense for Rishi Sunak i suppose

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

And here’s one that’s not the world but is pizza specific

the hell is happening in the Dakotas

For anyone else that can't quite make out Hawaii, their state favorite is Caprese

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

ungulates who can withstand harsh climates > computers

i was curious about the australian camels, and

quote:

From the 1860s onward small groups of mainly Muslim cameleers were shipped in and out of Australia at three-year intervals, to service South Australia's inland pastoral industry. Carting goods and transporting wool bales by camel was a lucrative livelihood for them. As their knowledge of the Australian outback and economy increased, the cameleers began their own businesses, importing and running camel trains. By 1890 the camel business was dominated by the mostly Muslim merchants and brokers, commonly referred to as "Afghans" or "Ghans", despite their origin often being British India, as well as Afghanistan and Egypt and Turkey. They belonged to four main groups: Pashtuns, Baluchis, Punjabis, and Sindhis. At least 15,000 camels with their handlers are estimated to have come to Australia between 1870 and 1900.

The introduction of the Immigration Restriction Act 1901 and the White Australia policy made it more difficult for cameleers to enter Australia.[15]

With the departure of many cameleers in the early 20th century, and the introduction of motorised transportation in the 1920s and 1930s, some cameleers released their camels into the wild. Well suited to the arid conditions of Central Australia, these camels became the source for the large population of feral camels still existing today.[citation needed].
Why is it always Racism

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

edit: mispost

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

cali went 63-34 in the last election, texas went 52-46. it's way more likely for texas to swing blue than cali to swing red.

Therefore the civil war plotline is obviously that Trump wins without Texas. He declares war on Texas because of the obvious fraud, he definitely won that big beautiful state. Newly elected Gov. Beto allies with California and the the south secedes under Ron Desantis. The northwestern states are studying the issue in committee and don't feel enough time has been given to come to a conclusion one way or the other.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

point roberts is a peninsula with a population of 1200 and the need for a customs office.

i'm just saying

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

How did this country colonize a quarter of the planet?

pre-nation state forms of government kind of sucked rear end at fighting.

it was surprisingly common for some random colonel to take 200 dudes and, completely without orders, go topple a nation

Boats helped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

China initially got a lot of mileage in the global south with loans and construction projects and bribes. However then they used all that to tighten their grip in rather blatant power plays and its rather soured opinion on them.

There's still a strange-bedpartners effect among nations who are opposed to American influence, but, eh.