Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
There was a BBC 4 show about maps called "Power, Plunder and Possession". It was a very interesting look into how maps and the territory they depict aren't as matter-of-fact as they're often taken to be.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00s5m7w/episodes/guide

I have absolutely no idea where you'd go about finding this if you want to watch it but I'd encourage doing so if you're interested in this topic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
I have no idea what that map is indicating.

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Frostwerks posted:

Taking it down, no problem. I'd rather not derail anything or try to divert this thread otherwise from political stuff.

I didn't mean to badger you into taking it down, just that with no label or original filename it's hard to get context for what it's depicting (given that we've had the hog distribution map earlier ITT, it could have been anything)

penus de milo fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Feb 3, 2013

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
Speaking of 'politically loaded' check out the Emirates Air Line in square 8D. That's the Thames-spanning cable car and it represents the first time a corporate sponsor's name and logo appear on official Tube maps. That's a fairly big deal to some people.