Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
It's from an Anime.

That said, Japanese world maps were pretty hilariously behind the times before they opened up in the mid 19th century.

For example, here's a Japanese map of the world from ~1850. It resembles European maps of the world from about 300 years earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Reveilled posted:

Personally, I find the American interest in the pop/soda/coke discussion rather bemusing because I can't think of a circumstance in which you'd mention carbonated sugary drinks outside the context of asking for a specific variety.

Lots of/most fast food chains in America have self-serve soft drinks, so that probably has something to do with it.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Edible Hat posted:

Guys, I want to create a politically-loaded map of my own! Is there a (free) map template I can use so that I could just press on a country and the whole country will be filled in with the color of my choosing. Let's say I want to show, cartographically, the political landscape of Europe at the moment by coloring in countries with right-leaning governments blue, countries left-leaning government red, and countries with grand coalitions yellow. There are plenty of blank maps online, but jpeg artifacts and the odd borders of some countries - do I really have to fill in Indonesia by clicking on each island? - makes using these maps in Paint a pain in the rear end.

Try Google Fusion Tables:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJEQtQ8WA_Q