Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

It's all in the game, yo.
Without knowing anything about The Virginian, I find it funny that it is in Wyoming.

I can't imagine what would beat The Wire in this state. :colbert:

It looks like DC isn't displayed. I vote Smart Guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

Peanut President posted:

He's from Virginia originally, so everyone calls him..wait for it...the Virginian.

Thank you for the helpful hint!

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

Rumda posted:

yeah but in that case why did me and that Scottish guy get California when we more than likely know English normally

Because people with some kind of relation to California are likely disproportionately represented in America media or English language media overall. Same with New York City.

This quiz also measures word choice, not accent.

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

Grand Prize Winner posted:

This is how a Californian spots an outsider.

This man speaks the truth.

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

Do people who practice Hinduism consider everyone else who is said to practice Hinduism a Hindu? Obvious answer is "yeah, duh, they practice Hinduism" but India is a huge subcontinent with a huge number of people and cultures.

Do they all consider each other to be Hindus or do they find difference in each other? Is that difference substantial? Are there people the West may say are all Hindus but people in another part of India would say they are not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

Koramei posted:

Almost certainly yes to all of those, but keep in mind that that map was probably not written with any regards to religious sensitivity.

I didn't think it was. It's just something I'm always curious about when I see religious maps, especially of India. :shobon: