Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Looks like the trakt addin has been updated to 2.0 in the repo, meaning it handles 2 way sync now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Has anyone messed around with SiriProxy for XMBC? Here's the thread on the XBMC forums, and here's an outdated video of the plugin in action.

Someone has recently forked the original version and added features, along with Frodo compatibility. I think it would be super cool to use Siri to control stuff, but looking at a Windows tutorial makes me kind of not want to go through the hassle.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Gorfob posted:

The official XMBC app sets up the ability to dump Youtube videos straight onto your XBMC in 2 touches. Being able to share stuff that quickly onto a larger screen is loving fantastic.

Can you link this app? I don't see any functionality in the XBMC Remote app I have. I'm just using Airplay to do it.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

YouTuber posted:

Can you link this app? I don't see any functionality in the XBMC Remote app I have. I'm just using Airplay to do it.
You find it through the share menu in the YouTube-app.
Personally I think Yatse is much better than the official XBMC remote app.

Begall
Jul 28, 2008

EC posted:

Has anyone messed around with SiriProxy for XMBC? Here's the thread on the XBMC forums, and here's an outdated video of the plugin in action.

Someone has recently forked the original version and added features, along with Frodo compatibility. I think it would be super cool to use Siri to control stuff, but looking at a Windows tutorial makes me kind of not want to go through the hassle.

I have a fork of this for SiriServerCore, but it's not yet Frodo compatible as since updating my phone to 6.1 & jailbreaking I've not been able to use my SiriServer.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Added

Pneumatic: Interesting add-on that integrates with your SAB install and is able to play videos from incomplete RAR sets.

To the program add-ons section.

Also added a link to the Official XBMC iOS remote which I just found today.

Begall posted:

I have a fork of this for SiriServerCore, but it's not yet Frodo compatible as since updating my phone to 6.1 & jailbreaking I've not been able to use my SiriServer.

How much would you say you use Siri to bring up something rather than just your remote? I think that it would have to be pretty smart to get much usage from me. If I could say "show all unwatched tv show episodes in the last two weeks" for example, or "show all unwatched comedy movies."

Begall
Jul 28, 2008
The best usage case I found for it was the random function I introduced, e.g. 'Watch random South Park', which as far as I'm aware isn't possible in stock XBMC via the UI.

I think it would be possible to do what you wanted. You could have a command to add all unwatched episodes from the recently added list (not sure if date added to the library is accessible via JSON-RPC) to a playlist and start playing it. You could also bring up a list on the phone with the second, searching the genre property for comedy (or anything else) & playcount = 0.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Anyone else lose sound recently? I just installed the latest Windows 8 updates and now I get no audio from playing anything. Going to have to goof around with System Restore, I guess.

EDIT: Solved. Apparently even though I'm using an HDMI connector to my TV, I have to set everything to Analog.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Feb 14, 2013

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Craptacular! posted:

Anyone else lose sound recently? I just installed the latest Windows 8 updates and now I get no audio from playing anything. Going to have to goof around with System Restore, I guess.

EDIT: Solved. Apparently even though I'm using an HDMI connector to my TV, I have to set everything to Analog.

I had to do that at first, got no sound using any of the HDMI settings, Analog worked. I just tried switching it back to HDMI and now it magically works. Had to uncheck all the features like DTS and stuff.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Added the following to the OP:
---
Service Add-Ons

Library Watchdog: This add-on watches your media sources for new files, and automatically updates XBMC's library when it finds them.
----

If anyone uses additional service add-ons I'll add them to the list.

Also, if you're on iOS make sure to check out the Official Remote app. It's free, and way faster than any other remote app I've tried before. XBMC Commander always took 10 seconds or so to bring up a list of music, for example, where as this one does it instantly. Highly recommended.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

EC posted:

Added the following to the OP:
---
Service Add-Ons

Library Watchdog: This add-on watches your media sources for new files, and automatically updates XBMC's library when it finds them.
----

If anyone uses additional service add-ons I'll add them to the list.

Also, if you're on iOS make sure to check out the Official Remote app. It's free, and way faster than any other remote app I've tried before. XBMC Commander always took 10 seconds or so to bring up a list of music, for example, where as this one does it instantly. Highly recommended.

I've been using XBMC Constellation, and it's decent, but it does have a bit of lag when starting up and connecting to my XBMC box. I'll give the official app a try. Thanks!

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

trilljester posted:

I've been using XBMC Constellation, and it's decent, but it does have a bit of lag when starting up and connecting to my XBMC box. I'll give the official app a try. Thanks!

I had bought a wireless keyboard for control, but it ended up not working so I had to return it. That was when I discovered the official app. It is pretty awesome. Like I posted a couple pages back though, for some reason the arrow buttons are super sensitive on my iPad. Pressing down once will often cause me to skip a line or two, and pressing enter might cause it to enter a directory, then press enter again (exiting the directory). This doesn't happen on my iPhone though, so I'm not sure what's up.

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
Doesn't Watchdog not work with SMB?

KrautHedge
Dec 5, 2008

GateheaD posted:

Doesn't Watchdog not work with SMB?

If I'm not mistaken the requirement for watchdog is that the share is mounted into a folder. I'm not sure if samba can be done that way. With nfs you just need to add a line to the fstab or the autostart.sh file.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

KrautHedge posted:

If I'm not mistaken the requirement for watchdog is that the share is mounted into a folder. I'm not sure if samba can be done that way. With nfs you just need to add a line to the fstab or the autostart.sh file.

You can mount a share to a drive letter in Windows, that could work.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, I think I'm gonna set up Plex on my network simply so I can stream stuff everywhere after finding this stupid easy guide:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/14/setting-up-a-plex-environment/

Other than streaming anywhere like on my iPhone, any other real advantages of running Plex? My current XBMC is 3 HD's hooked up to my CPU which my HDTV acts as a second screen where I use XBMC. Then, I share my files over my network so my roommates can use XBMC in their room with my media.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Plex is a pretty cool concept and the mobile device integration is pretty neat as is plex/web. The issue is the desktop clients are so far behind xbmc at the moment its hard to recommend using them. The windows and mac clients are free so knock yourself out but as far as I can tell they are based on XBMC eden or possibly even an older version of xbmc. Also if you are transcoding at all, even to local clients on your LAN, you will need a pretty fast on the computer that plex media server is on. Trying to stream to my Roku from my N40L server is futile, it can't keep up.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

kri kri posted:

Plex is a pretty cool concept and the mobile device integration is pretty neat as is plex/web. The issue is the desktop clients are so far behind xbmc at the moment its hard to recommend using them. The windows and mac clients are free so knock yourself out but as far as I can tell they are based on XBMC eden or possibly even an older version of xbmc. Also if you are transcoding at all, even to local clients on your LAN, you will need a pretty fast on the computer that plex media server is on. Trying to stream to my Roku from my N40L server is futile, it can't keep up.

That's my issue as well. It doesn't just play the files, it transcodes them, so I couldn't even play stuff from my server to a Roku without buffering.

monkeybounce
Feb 9, 2007

wolfbiker posted:

That's my issue as well. It doesn't just play the files, it transcodes them, so I couldn't even play stuff from my server to a Roku without buffering.

You can turn off transcoding....but then you kind of lose the main benefit of running Plex. At that point, you should just setup XBMC for UPnP.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Can someone please post the fix for SickBeard and American Dad?

Content: This may be a good item to include in the OP. The TWiT network did a 20 minute feature on how to install XBMC on a Pi. It's more of an overview but should be enough to get people started. The part I found interesting was the mention of how you can setup transcoding on another server and stream it to the PI since it has issues with high quality video. Check it out. http://twit.tv/show/know-how/31

monkeybounce
Feb 9, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Can someone please help me get my :filez:

You realize if you type the last four words of your request into Google, the very first result is what you're looking for...

:science:

Also, if you're running the compiled version, you're SOL.

monkeybounce fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 15, 2013

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
well I am SOL then. Thanks though :-)

monkeybounce
Feb 9, 2007

Bonzo posted:

well I am SOL then. Thanks though :-)

It's not that hard to run from source.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

kri kri posted:

Plex is a pretty cool concept and the mobile device integration is pretty neat as is plex/web. The issue is the desktop clients are so far behind xbmc at the moment its hard to recommend using them.

Totally agree. The plex client sucks. We've basically switched over to roku full time because of the out of control sound with XBMC. I was tired of being a remote hawk to not wake the baby.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Running into an issue with my remote. I originally had XBMC under Windows 7, but switched to OpenElec today. Same remote, but now it's firing 3 or 4 clicks every time I press something. A little Googling tells me this is a fairly common problem, but without any sure-fire solutions. I'm guessing I need to add a delay in somewhere before accepting another command.

I actually had this issue under Windows 7 as well with the remote that came with my AD12, but I bought a standalone MCE Remote and threw those drivers on the computer and the problem stopped. Now that I'm on OpenElec, I'm not sure what options I have.

I toggled the "Remote sends keyboard press" option on and off to no change.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

I was tired of being a remote hawk to not wake the baby.

Yes, this is getting quite frustrating. Whatever DRC XBMC is capable of (via that stupid Volume Amplification slider) sucks rear end.

Scrot Eel
Jan 22, 2002

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Other than here and the xbmc forums, is there any good resource where I can read up on reviews and user experiences with some of the new Android stick and set top devices? There are just so many coming out and it's hard to keep up or get any good info. I'm just looking for something that'll play back 1080p in various formats through XMBC, Netflix streaming (I'm assuming HW rendering will be necessary) and Hulu Plus.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Scrot Eel posted:

Other than here and the xbmc forums, is there any good resource where I can read up on reviews and user experiences with some of the new Android stick and set top devices? There are just so many coming out and it's hard to keep up or get any good info. I'm just looking for something that'll play back 1080p in various formats through XMBC, Netflix streaming (I'm assuming HW rendering will be necessary) and Hulu Plus.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Android_hardware
This wiki entry is basically it, I think. XBMC for Android is still at a very early point in development, and they are asking people to wait with purchasing hardware until support gets better.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

Mortanis posted:

Running into an issue with my remote. I originally had XBMC under Windows 7, but switched to OpenElec today. Same remote, but now it's firing 3 or 4 clicks every time I press something. A little Googling tells me this is a fairly common problem, but without any sure-fire solutions. I'm guessing I need to add a delay in somewhere before accepting another command.

I actually had this issue under Windows 7 as well with the remote that came with my AD12, but I bought a standalone MCE Remote and threw those drivers on the computer and the problem stopped. Now that I'm on OpenElec, I'm not sure what options I have.

I toggled the "Remote sends keyboard press" option on and off to no change.

Okay, this is entirely stupid. It does it with the XBMC remotes for Android and iOS too. I've tried creating an AdvancedSettings.xml and playing with the settings there, and I can see them having an effect as far as how long it takes if I deliberately hold a button down, but it still doesn't change the double keying.

This is entirely frustrating and impossible to use. Looks like I'm formatting back to Windows.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Is it possible to mark a video as watched using the iOS app xbmcRemote?

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Anyone else have trouble with the Trakt add-on? It's updated my movie library & synched my watched items there, but it isn't updating my TV show library, and doesn't seem to be scrobbling stuff as I watch it.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

FreakyZoid posted:

Anyone else have trouble with the Trakt add-on? It's updated my movie library & synched my watched items there, but it isn't updating my TV show library, and doesn't seem to be scrobbling stuff as I watch it.

This was working for me up until Friday, when it stopped scrobbling shows. I'm sure there's either an update to the add-on in the thread (link is in the second post of this thread) or Trakt did something on their end and we need to wait for an update. I haven't had a chance to check yet, though.

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

Keito posted:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Android_hardware
This wiki entry is basically it, I think. XBMC for Android is still at a very early point in development, and they are asking people to wait with purchasing hardware until support gets better.

I am using XBMC on my ODROID-U2 and it is fantastic. I am using it primarily to mount my SAMBA share and stream the movie and it does the perfectly. Plus it does the scanning for movies and prepares the art to make it look fancy.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

EC posted:

This was working for me up until Friday, when it stopped scrobbling shows. I'm sure there's either an update to the add-on in the thread (link is in the second post of this thread) or Trakt did something on their end and we need to wait for an update. I haven't had a chance to check yet, though.

I didn't change anything on my end, but it started magically working again. Shows that it missed scrobbling are in my trakt history as manually marked seen, so there ya go. :iiam:

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Yeah, mine started working again yesterday without me changing anything. I guess I just installed it at a time their servers were having a bit of a hiccup.

Cold Old
Jan 6, 2005

Two what?
I've got an issue that I've searched around for a solution, but no luck. I've got multiple computers running XBMC throughout the house, and this is happening on all of the boxes.

Since I upgraded to Frodo on all of themo, I am having an issue with scraping when XBMC starts up. When XBMC loads right after bootup, I see the notification in the upper right that it is searching for new media to index, but it immediately goes to compressing database and finishes. If I close XBMC and reopen, it performs the scrape and updates all new files.

So obviously this is a timing issue. It looks as though XBMC is trying to update media files before it is connected to the network. I've gotten around this using the XBMC update manager in Programs but so far it has been a less than stellar solution, and doesn't seem to work very well.

I run all of my media pc's with Logitech Harmony's so exiting and restarting the system every time to update isn't working well for me.

Anyone else running into this issue. Again, I'm getting the same thing from all 5 media PC's on my network so it really is perplexing. All worked fine under Eden.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Cold Old posted:

I've got an issue that I've searched around for a solution, but no luck. I've got multiple computers running XBMC throughout the house, and this is happening on all of the boxes.

Since I upgraded to Frodo on all of themo, I am having an issue with scraping when XBMC starts up. When XBMC loads right after bootup, I see the notification in the upper right that it is searching for new media to index, but it immediately goes to compressing database and finishes. If I close XBMC and reopen, it performs the scrape and updates all new files.

So obviously this is a timing issue. It looks as though XBMC is trying to update media files before it is connected to the network. I've gotten around this using the XBMC update manager in Programs but so far it has been a less than stellar solution, and doesn't seem to work very well.

I run all of my media pc's with Logitech Harmony's so exiting and restarting the system every time to update isn't working well for me.

Anyone else running into this issue. Again, I'm getting the same thing from all 5 media PC's on my network so it really is perplexing. All worked fine under Eden.

Try this:

Upon booting, start XBMC with a delay

When starting XBMC on Windows startup it can be that some sub services weren't started when XBMC is up. To delay XBMC just add the parameter -d X with X equal to the startup delay in seconds.

Taken from here

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Is there any difference in 32-bit or 64-bit for Linux (Ubuntu) XBMC?

I'm debating whether or not to use XBMCBuntu (which installs 32-bit Ubuntu 12.10) or manually installing Ubuntu 12.10 x64.

The system only has 2 GB of RAM but it does support 64-bit so I'm not sure... I've always used 64-bit in the past but I'm not sure what's best in this situation.

Cold Old
Jan 6, 2005

Two what?

Lowen SoDium posted:

Try this:

When starting XBMC on Windows startup it can be that some sub services weren't started when XBMC is up. To delay XBMC just add the parameter -d X with X equal to the startup delay in seconds.

Taken from here

Comically simple fix. Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Lowen SoDium posted:

Try this:

Taken from here

I need to do this too because the Wifi adapter for my HTPC doesn't seem to be there half the time when XBMC launches. The problem is, where do I add this parameter? I may be launching XMBC by a shortcut in the Start Menu/Startup folder.