Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Is there any difference in 32-bit or 64-bit for Linux (Ubuntu) XBMC?

I'm debating whether or not to use XBMCBuntu (which installs 32-bit Ubuntu 12.10) or manually installing Ubuntu 12.10 x64.

The system only has 2 GB of RAM but it does support 64-bit so I'm not sure... I've always used 64-bit in the past but I'm not sure what's best in this situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

I've been using XBMC for a very, very long time and I'm currently on 12.0 but I'd like to upgrade to 12.3.

I've always installed Ubuntu and then XBMC "manually" but I'm wondering if I should just use XBMCBuntu. Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Is there any advantage to manually installed Ubuntu + XBMC?

Also, what about OpenElec and the other distros? (I'm even thinking about Plex but I'll probably stick with XBMC)

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Lowen SoDium posted:

RE: Kodi 15.0, I am super disappointed to see that UPNP library sharing didn't make this version, and slightly disappointed that RetroPlayer integration didn't make it.
What is UPNP library sharing? Kodi already shares it's library using DLNA/UPNP and it can also connect to other DLNA/UPNP servers.

RetroPlayer would have been nice though and perhaps a built-in "extras" system for ripped blurays/dvds that have a lot of extra content. (EDIT: I know there is an addon called VideoExtras but I was hoping for something more integrated)