Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KrautHedge
Dec 5, 2008

GateheaD posted:

Doesn't Watchdog not work with SMB?

If I'm not mistaken the requirement for watchdog is that the share is mounted into a folder. I'm not sure if samba can be done that way. With nfs you just need to add a line to the fstab or the autostart.sh file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KrautHedge
Dec 5, 2008

Odette posted:

I've just installed raspbmc onto my Rpi, and I'm currently using the Quartz skin.

Are there any other minimal skins that I should be having a look at?

Xeebo is fairly minimal. You should consider using openelec instead of raspbmc though. Raspbmc is terribly slow compared to it.

KrautHedge
Dec 5, 2008
I wonder if its possible to get youtube leanback to work in xbmc. That'd be much better than what we have now. Although I'll admit I never browse videos with xbmc, I generally just send them with yatse from my phone.

KrautHedge
Dec 5, 2008
I've had no issue playing them back on my 512mb rpi. I'm doing it over nfs with medium overclocking.

KrautHedge
Dec 5, 2008
Is there a way to send links to xbmc on iOS? On android you could do it with by sharing the link or clicking it and selecting to open with yatse.

KrautHedge
Dec 5, 2008

Cornjob posted:

IS there a way in XBMC to add and scan a movie folder, but hide it from the main Movies library? I have a bunch of old B&W and Horror movies that I want cover art and metadata for, but id rather not have them show up when wife/guests are browsing the library.

Smart Playlists are the best way to do this I think. This thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98628 has some good information on how it works. Amber is a good skin that allows you to pin smart playlists to the home screen. I used it to separate my standup specials from my movies and its worked perfectly.

KrautHedge
Dec 5, 2008

Cornjob posted:

This looks like it requires XML. Does that work in openelec?

XML is how all versions of XBMC handle config files. Where they are located at is the only thing different between the many distributions.

KrautHedge
Dec 5, 2008

ConanThe3rd posted:

So a little bit of field reporting. I got my hands on an Ouya and, feeling it the right thing to do with it, I put XBMC on it and it runs like a dream. I'm impressed it took the 1080p encodes of Space Dandy (legally obtained from the UK Licenser, DRM Free and all that fun stuff) without too much issue. Ran my GCCX episodes with gutsto.

The only real hang ups seem to be 10bit videos (not that it's used all that much outside of 'fansubs' anyway) which runs them fine but has a hard time keeping the colour information consistent.

I don't think any android device can do 10bit properly. Converting is fast and easy though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KrautHedge
Dec 5, 2008

wolfbiker posted:

Raspberry Pi runs like crap with XBMC. I mean, it's good if you're in a pinch or have one lying around and will use it occasionally, but for everyday use, you'll want something more powerful.

That isn't true at all. The only issue I had with mine was the UI being a bit slow but they fixed that a while ago with the newclock3 patches(gotham). I've had zero issues with playback