Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jrtc2
Aug 18, 2009

EC posted:

What remote should I get?
XBMC can be controlled with a mouse and keyboard, but most people want some sort of remote for the best experience. The XBMC wiki has some great information, and here's a quick round up:

Another option that works out of the box is to use a gamepad - I use the wireless xbox 360 controller and, aside from a few glitches, it seems to work pretty seamlessly. Particularly good if you're using steam big picture mode on your HTPC anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jrtc2
Aug 18, 2009

EC posted:

Excellent point, added a Gamepad section to the OP under remotes. If I need to provide any more detail, let me know.

Looks good to me - thanks for doing the write up.