Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
CouchPotato automatically generates nfo files and downloads artwork. I use it only for that and not for managing my movies. I switched from doing it manually in Ember Media Manager to CP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Is there any way to create an m3u8 playlist of local files stored on my server? If possible, it would be cool to use the Cumulus TV app to import the playlist file into Android TV's Live Channels app so I could create custom channels of different shows, genres of movies, etc.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
I let Sonarr handle all my TV shows but I mostly handle my movies manually. I just double check my server before I download something, then let CouchPotato handle just the processing of the movie.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
But what about when you have to seed all the RARs and have the file stored in your Movies directory? Still using ~double the storage.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah. I use the Sharpness setting on OpenELEC but the Android version doesn't have it.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Can I install SMPC and copy over advancedsettings.xml and have it use my existing Kodi MySQL data to maintain my watch status? The Android TV recommendations are appealing.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Does Flirc Work With Nexus Player Controller?

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Having to pull out your phone and turn on the screen to play/pause/FF/RW is cumbersome compared to a dedicated remote with physical buttons.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
The Boxee Remote for Windows is perfect. It's not made anymore but you might be able to find one.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
I just installed SPMC on my Nexus Player to see how it compares to Kodi. I like the recommendations on the Android TV home screen, but it seems it's just randomly pulling stuff. Is there any way to choose what it shows? I'd like it to pull most recent TV shows and movies.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Got it, thanks.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah, something's weird. I have a server running 24/7 with 11 hard drives in it and my power bills are nearly half of what friends and family in my city are paying.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Keep them in an accessible folder that isn't scanned by Kodi. The folder should be hidden in Windows. Then when you want to view the content within it, enable the option to show hidden files in Kodi's settings. Then browse to them using Videos > Files.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

MeKeV posted:

Any way to make the circle button on the Shield remote not return to the main android TV screen when in SPMC/kodi?

In the BBC app back button does nothing and you need to press the circle button twice to get out of the app, so I'm hoping there's something that can be done?

Can't. Controlled by Android.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Don't do it while playing a video. Do it from the main menu. Settings, System, Output. Or System, Audio.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
They're geeking out over Shield Android TV, not the Shield tablets.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

codo27 posted:

Amazon is refunding me and I think this is the end of my brief experiment with Android TV.

But you didn't buy an Android TV device...

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Just download LibreELEC, copy the files to the update folder of your OpenELEC install, then reboot. Not much effort.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Yes, nothing changes. It's just the same as if you were manually updating OpenELEC. I made the switch a couple days ago.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Nm.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
I think voice search works with SPMC if you use that rather than Kodi.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Don't try to get Kodi to do everything.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
As far as I know, most tablets do NOT have HDMI outputs. If I was buying a tablet to hook up to a TV, that's the one thing I'd make sure it would have. Unless you assumed Kodi could be Chromecasted to a TV, which it can't. I guess you could do screen mirroring, but I don't even know if Amazon supports that. Knowing Amazon and how well they play with others' devices, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't support Chromecast at all.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
So what's the deal with this official Plex Kodi addon? I install Plex Media Server on my server, then install Kodi on my Nexus Player, install the Plex addon for Kodi, and then it makes Kodi look like Plex, using the Plex Media Server, but won't need to do any transcoding? Has anyone tried this yet?

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Cool, thanks for the info. Sounds like this is for me. I want to use Plex but my server is too old to handle any transcoding.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
How do I go about getting Google Play to let me install the 17 beta?

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Any way to get rid of in progress movies or TV shows from showing up, or any of the other suggestions? I only want recently added. Also, any way to choose which Android apps show up in the add-ons section?

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
The RC1 release really hosed things up on Android TV. The app auto updates but crashes before opening, either as a fresh install or as an auto update.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah, with real Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, etc. support, Kodi without any side loading/hacking bullshit, 4K, HDR, and Chromecast functionality, it is the best box. And the software is frequently updated. Just too expensive for me. The gaming stuff is of no use to me.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
It also removes recently added shows from the list once watched, which is a little annoying if you have more than one person in the home who uses Kodi. I ended up switching to Arctic Zephyr or whatever it's called rather than Estuary.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Use a file explorer that won't hide files? I haven't had issues finding the installation folder.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Kodi needs to fix it's 3D subtitle bug. It's been around forever and doesn't get fixed. You can't disable subtitles when watching 3D content.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
I can't disable subtitles on 3D movies, either embedded ones or external ones. I've tried on LibreELEC and Kodi from the Play Store. Even when choosing the "disable" option, the subtitles remain.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
lol, good. those turds who sell them to dummies who don't know any better are going to get flooded with complaints about their boxes not working anymore.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Any $20 Bluetooth adapter

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
It's fine. My only gripe is the awful interface. The remote is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
That post brings back memories of Kodi and endlessly loving with theme options and metadata, individually choosing each poster and fanart. I don't miss it.