Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I want to get an android stick capable of playing 1080p content (4K would be nice but I don't have a 4K screen so it would be downsampled). I currently use a Shield Pro but it'd be nice to have something smaller for travel purposes.

Will any stick device do or should I look for a specific chipset?

Best solution for traveling I’ve ever found is just an HDMI adapter for you phone, and a 1m HDMI cable. There are a million and five options available for either Android or iOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Unfortunately no, you can’t run Kodi on iOS.

You could also get a cheap Android tablet to run Kodi, along with the HDMI cable for sharing to a big screen, and then you have the additional bonus of being able to watch & play on the plane or in the car or however you’re traveling. I do this with my Retroid Pocket 3 - as a whole, the Android retro game systems out today are capable of a lot more than just playing games.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Ah yeah well, short of an enormous case then screens aren’t so useful.