Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeerMarket
Feb 5, 2014

jonathan posted:

I set up a nexus player running kodi/plexbmc for my father so he can use my library. Is there a way to make the movie selection show up in the normal movie and tv shows section off the main menu instead of going into the plexbmc addon to view them ? Currently using amber skin but I can switch it up if another one supports this.

UPnP library integration is coming soon, but for now you'll have to use work arounds such as the one suggested above.

The UPnP intregration looks pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeerMarket
Feb 5, 2014

I haven't tried Emby yet (and I intent to), but just a heads up that the next version of Kodi will support full library sync via UPnP. This includes watched status, among other things. More info here.

BeerMarket
Feb 5, 2014

Call Me Charlie posted:

But the Kodi team seems to be focused on it. Maybe in a year or two it will be ready for primetime.

The timeline is actually looking much more optimistic than that. The beta releases of the newest client have it working pretty well apparently, although this is all hearsay from the Kodi forums.

BeerMarket
Feb 5, 2014

Anyone else been experiencing issues with PlayOn lately? I can barely get Netflix videos to play from the Kodi addon, and HBO Go stuff is pretty much a 100% failure rate.