Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
EDIT: Nevermind. Fixed my own naming problem.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Feb 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I haven't had much reason to use XBMC before Frodo. We've been a Windows MCE DVR household for close to five years, and being able to switch to a different backend and still play our old .WTV recordings is very nice. Also would be nice if the frontend isn't poo poo as MediaPortal etc frontends have never been as pretty as MS's old work but some XBMC skins like Transparency are very close. An XBMC frontend might be the most wife/senior/parents friendly PC DVR outside of Microsoft.

I haven't played with the PVR feature yet though. It's also nice to not have to hack poo poo up to get hi10p support.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Structure your shows folders by scraper, I suppose:

code:
-->TV
---L--TVDB
---L--XEM
---L--[foo]
I had a similar problem with wanting a folder within a folder to be scraped seperately. Can't be done.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Anyone else lose sound recently? I just installed the latest Windows 8 updates and now I get no audio from playing anything. Going to have to goof around with System Restore, I guess.

EDIT: Solved. Apparently even though I'm using an HDMI connector to my TV, I have to set everything to Analog.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Feb 14, 2013

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

There's still no good solution. I would pay TiVo a monthly fee for a good XBMC add on.

Are you okay with running Windows? I've paired Media Center up with the ability to launch XBMC up seemlessly (well there is a second the desktop appears but it's automated) and flip back and forth via remote.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
So this is a really niche question: does Kodi for Android not include channel logos in it's PVR function? I added logos to NextPVR and they appeared on Windows as expected, but only generic TV placeholder icons appear on Android.

(edit: Nevermind, I decided to just share the folder and manually specified it and they all showed up)

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Dec 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Regarding the next thread, I would really suggest people NOT use a Fire Stick to power Kodi if they have any other option. And if your primary purpose is to use as a frontend to a DVR backend, I would suggest not even using the powerful Fire TV box. The boxes and the 2nd generation stick have no hardware deinterlacer, which makes them bad for live TV. The first generation stick does a better deinterlacing job, but runs like poo poo. Also, as evidenced in the last post, Android's support for various A/V formats is sketchy.

For reference, my Dad was using a 2nd-generation Fire Stick with Kodi as his DVR interface, and often ran into all kinds of problems. For one, we couldn't get settings to stick unless we quit the app from the power menu (not simply pressed the Home button). Secondly, the connection to the DVR often broke down and sometimes Kodi would break in interesting ways that required rebooting the entire Fire TV Stick. I've since given him a Raspberry Pi 1b (with MPEG2 license) running LibreELEC and he's much happier. You can even configure it to stop playing video when you turn your TV off or switch it to another HDMI input for Netflix/Amazon/Hulu/etc.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jul 1, 2017