Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Anyone else have trouble with the Trakt add-on? It's updated my movie library & synched my watched items there, but it isn't updating my TV show library, and doesn't seem to be scrobbling stuff as I watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Yeah, mine started working again yesterday without me changing anything. I guess I just installed it at a time their servers were having a bit of a hiccup.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Elysium posted:

I've heard that USB sticks are faster than SD cards.
I've heard this, but I'm running off a class 10 SD card and it's not exactly a slouch. Boot up is maybe 30 seconds tops, about the same amount of time as it takes the TV to switch on & connect with my amp. And once it's up there's no lag at all. So I'd say go with whatever you've got lying around.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

The one thing I do still miss from Boxee is the "watch later" feature. Basically you have a bookmarklet that grabs the URL of whatever video is on the page you're currently looking at, and adds it to a list. The in your Boxee you can browse your list and watch anything. It was a really nice of marking youtube videos etc. you got sent during the week, to catch up on later.

Is there anything like this on XBMC? I did a quick google but couldn't find anything.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Anyone else having big problems with TVDB at the moment? I'm getting 503 errors from it more frequently than I'm able to connect.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

DrVenkman posted:

The old iteration of the Library would have 'S01E01 - Pilot' and a description, and the new iteration just has 1x01 with nothing else.
This sounds like an episode scraping problem - I've had this happen before when the file names don't match one of the recognised conventions.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Stop sickbeard from making nfo files? I just have it name the files and put them in the right directory, if the naming convention's solid xbmc will have no problem scraping it without an .nfo

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

StorrowS posted:

I use Filebot, which is pretty simple and has worked flawlessly for me.
http://filebot.net/
Thanks for sharing this, it's brilliant for renaming - and a really nice, simple, drag & drop interface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Yeah, that's the Trakt plugin.