Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Uggh just upgraded Kodi from probably 15 to 17 and now the default skin seems to be loving touch oriented I guess. Can anyone recommend a decent skin that's good for a television and used with a mouse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

fletcher posted:

Give it a shot for a week or two, it grew on me. I really like the new default skin now.
It's not about the look, it's about parts of the interface now being unscrollable using a mouse. Like there's now a cool new TV section that shows series with unplayed shows - this screen though seems to require vertical and horizontal scrolling in the right frame which doesn't actually work using a mouse (even with the scroll wheel). It seems like a really weird oversight.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Call Me Charlie posted:

Did you try holding down the mouse button on the section and pulling what you want to scroll? (i haven't used the new kodi on pc but i'd guess that's how it works)
Yep :( Ah well I'll try some skins later.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Puddin posted:

Just use Confluence like every sane person out there.
Ahhh perfect thanks, for some reason I thought that was the newer version of Confluence. Much better now :)

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

YouTuber posted:

It's meant for using a remote control and moving left and right. The new interface is actually ace for TV and far better than Confluence was. Confluence felt like a computer application. Estuary feels like a TV centric UI.
I guess it's advantages are lost on me as I don't have a remote.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Goddamn I can't for the life of me get the hardware acceleration working under Windows with the 64-bit nightly releases. Everything looks like it'll work and then Kodi just gives a black screen with audio with the overlay info showing that hardware decoding is inactive.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Attempted contributions to the TVDB has been the cause of several world wars.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
I use a Shield on my TV with Kodi installed and have no issues; 4K, HDR, 5.1/7.1 through the stereo, etc. I tried Emby and Jellyfin but it's not not having to transcode, and I had a lot of issues with HDR and audio codecs before switching back to Kodi honestly.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
I’d get the cheaper Shield and just install Kodi, mount a USB drive and done.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
What do you use for a remote with your nuc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Drive's definitely failing, replace it if you can.