Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traxxus
Jul 13, 2003

WWJD - What Would Jack Do?
Here's Metropolis.

And a movie view

Traxxus fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxxus
Jul 13, 2003

How does the new criteria in Frodo for "recently added" work? Trying to decide if there is any reason to not disable it and go back to how it used to work (I already disabled it). From what I've read, it goes by file date, but that doesn't explain how something I downloaded and added today doesn't show up.

I'm trying to give it a fair shake, they changed it for a reason I guess, but it just seems to be not very well thought out.

Traxxus
Jul 13, 2003

Keito posted:

Was the thing you downloaded in an archive format? Many programs preserve the original timestamps upon extraction.

Yes it was and it was older, that would explain why it seems inconsistent with newer things still showing up as expected.

If anyone else needed it, to disable add this to advancedsettings.xml (or make one):
<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<dateadded>0</dateadded>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

This will make it work like it did prior to Frodo.

Traxxus
Jul 13, 2003

Dang, I finally got MySQl setup a couple weeks ago and it's been a nice time saver, but a major downside is that even when using separate profiles, watched status is now shared among them all. Only workaround I can see is separate databases for each user/profile, or ditch it and go back to the usual local databases.

Traxxus
Jul 13, 2003

savesthedayrocks posted:

I'm sure I'm just missing it somewhere, but how do you make subtitles appear only when a different language appears? So say 90% of the movie is English and I don't want subs on, but then one scene is in a different language. Obviously I would want subs there.

The only settings I found makes it 100% on or off.

Like was said, those are known as forced subs. If they aren't showing up, it's the fault of whoever encoded the movie, forcing those subs to show up is a flag that's added at creation and all players will (should, haven't seen one that doesn't) follow that.

Traxxus
Jul 13, 2003

I lost my tv renamer, it was simple, functional, and had a dropdown box for choosing alternate show names if it was wrong, and also manual entry. The place I got it from comes up with 404, does anyone have a working link? Searching for tv renamer doesn't exactly have useful results. This blog has a guide with pictures of it.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/20149/quickly-rename-ripped-or-downloaded-tv-series-files/

All the others I've tried are needlessly complicated, or want to manage everything I have, or don't have an easy way of changing the show results. I just wanna open a folder and rename some files sometimes, it's mostly automated but sometimes I need to fix something.

Traxxus
Jul 13, 2003

StorrowS posted:

I use Filebot, which is pretty simple and has worked flawlessly for me.
http://filebot.net/

It has scripting support too, I have it set up to run whenever a uTorrent download finishes and it renames and copies the completed files into the correct folder structure, which is pretty nifty.

This is pretty nice, thanks. Has similar options, doesn't bug me for media sources, and drag and drop.

Traxxus
Jul 13, 2003

89 posted:

Any reason why XBMC won't show every new movie I've added in the New Movies widget across all skins? They show up in the Movies section and I can watch them just fine, but they don't show up in the widget for New Movies and it's very annoying :(.

Frodo looks for "new" movies now by file date, and not when added to the library like it used to. There's an easy fix using advancedsettings.xml , I posted it once in this thread if you check my previous posts.

Traxxus
Jul 13, 2003

Recently added would be much more useful if it didn't include watched movies. You can filter them out, but that just hides the watched ones, doesn't repopulate the list with more unwatched movies.

Traxxus
Jul 13, 2003

Keito posted:

With Aeon Nox's latest added widgets it hides all watched ones which I kind of wish it didn't, I'm getting bored of always seeing the same list of movies I never get around to watch. Maybe I should change to a random movies widget instead...

Are you talking about the playlist in the movies sub menu? If so, you could make a smart playlist to do exactly what you want, it's pretty easy.

Go make a new playlist, call it latest unwatched or whatever you want, set the rule "play count less than one", order by date added, sort decending and you're done.

You can disable the default "latest" sub menu item and add your new playlist in its place unless your skin has poo poo customizability.

That sounds like a good solution, I've been doing some customizing with aeon nox, that sounds like something I could do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxxus
Jul 13, 2003

jonathan posted:

How would I go about grouping several movies into a single item Collection ? I have the option to group together collections turned on, however these aren't really collections, I have 5 or 6 Henry Rollins videos that I would like to be treated like a movie collection.

XWMM used to be my go to for sets, but it doesn't seem to work on Frodo. Aixi is nice, but doesn't manage sets. Next version of XBMC, Gotham, will have a gui movie set manager so I'm putting off any modifications to those until then. If you only have a few to do, doing it by nfo is pretty easy, just add set tags, like <set>Rollins Films</set>.

I do like the idea of the tagging system, it sounds useful. I've been wanting a way to say, show all kung-fu movies, or all martial arts from a certain time period. Haven't really used it yet, does it work with smart playlists? http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_library_tags