Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

wolfbiker posted:

You should add the D-Link DS-22 Boxee Remote Control to the remotes section. It has a minimal design with a keyboard on the reverse side. It uses RF rather than IR so you don't need a direct line of sight. WAF (wife acceptance factor) is very high with this remote.

Woah, that looks slick. How is it to use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

berzerker posted:

For people considering Advanced Launcher vs. alternatives for emulators, you can get AL looking pretty good:

This is using the Transparency skin.

That looks a hundred times better than I've ever gotten it to look. I'm gonna have to have another go at it.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

wolfbiker posted:

Personally, I love it. I have three of them. I love that it's RF and not IR. I love that it doesn't have a lot of buttons. I can grab it without looking at it and do what I need to do. 99% of the time I only need to use up/down/left/right, the select button, info, or back. I can do all that with the front of the remote. When a video is playing, I have it configured so up/down control the volume, left/right skips forwards or backwards, play is pause, the bottom button stops and goes back to the menu, and select brings up the video OSD. If there's something I need to do occasionally, I map it to a button on the keyboard side. I can see why a lot of people don't like it, but for me, less=more. I had a Motorola Nyxboard (two, actually) and returned them both.

D-Link site says it's phased out? Is there a replacement, or should I just look for one of these on ebay?

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
My XBMC has stopped auto updating the TV/Movie libraries for no reason and I did not realize how much I relied on the 'latest shows' feature.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Le0 posted:

Auto updating? There is no such thing or is it? Only way for my library to be auto updated is when the download is finished it is updated by SickBeard.
If the box is offline when that happens no update occurs for me.

Neither the auto update nor SickBeard updates (nor the update library on launch) are working for me.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

redhalo posted:

How is new content getting on your device? Could it be that auto update works but you aren't receiving new shows? If just SickBeard could it be that there's something wrong with it's configuration? I don't use SickBeard myself so I don't know it's operation.

Sickbeard and Couchpotato are downloading new material, and neither are being updated in XBMC.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
Sickbeard can send test updates just fine to XBMC. XBMC doesn't update the library, however.

EC posted:

XBMC still updates manually, right?

XBMC will not update manually. I cannot get new shows or movies to appear in the XBMC library by any means.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Mthrboard posted:

Is the drive containing the library full? Or do you maybe have the library shared via MySQL and have read-only permissions to the database?

Drive has plenty of space, not using MySQL.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

redhalo posted:

Turn debugging on, try to manually update and then post the log to pastebin or wherever for us to look at.

Here's the log. I turned on logging, restarted (so it should scan on update), uploaded the log, and end edthe logging session. Then I turned on a new logging session (line 1327), and tried to manually update the library. In both cases XBMC doesn't seem to do anything or update with new episodes.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

redhalo posted:

Verify that you're added sources in XBMC match where your contents are. I'm seeing a lot of "ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting include", in which it's looking for a folder named "include" that it can't find, which isn't even a full path. Not sure if it's related to your issue though, but I don't see it looking for any other normal video source directory.

Also, I see you have the XBMCHub Wizard. I haven't used it personally, but the general consensus is that it will gently caress up XBMC in unpredictable ways. You may want to try a fresh install of XBMC without it.

I actually just installed the XBMCHub Wizard by accident when I was trying to install the XBMC Log Uploader, so it's not that.

There are sources in XBMC where my content is. My XBMC was running smoothly before it just stopped. The old files are there in the library and I can still watch them. I can also navigate through the XBMC file browser to the new files and play them there.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

kri kri posted:

What happens when you right click on the source and go to "set content"

A little window pops up with the TV scraper and content type. (I unset it and reset it just in case, and now it's re-scanning all my folders.)

redhalo posted:

A few questions. Are these all the shows it should be importing? Do these folders have new episodes that aren't importing? What does your directory/file naming structure look like for new, unimported files directly in your file manager?

There are about 120 different shows it should be scanning, each in a different directory. New files look like:

F:\Videos\TV\Shark Tank\Season 05\Shark Tank - 5x14 - January 17, 2014.mkv

Edit: Update. When it rescanned my entire TV folder it scanned and added new files to the library. However, when I quit XBMC, put a new episode in one of the TV folders, and restarted it, it failed to add it on the start-up scan or on a manual scan. So clearly it can see and process the files fine, but something about the scanning for new files is busted. So it's the same problem except I have a newer library snapshot because it re-added the entire TV folder.

Twiin fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jan 22, 2014

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

redhalo posted:

And you do see new files organized correctly in it's folders? what is the exact directory listed in XBMC for all your sources?

The file I listed above is a new file that is not being added by XBMC when it scans for new files. All the new files are organized correctly in their folders.

The exact directory listed for my TV source is: F:\Videos\TV\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

redhalo posted:

poo poo, I dunno, this is stumping me. You have "Selected folder conains a single TV show" turned off on your source, right?

Yup. My next step I guess is to just nuke XMBC from orbit and do a clean install, and set everything up from scratch.