Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
Make sure you've setup mysql to allow remote connections, it always seems to default to only allowing localhost for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice
edit: nevermind, forgot to refresh

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice

kloa posted:

Is there a way to display episode numbers for TV shows? Everything scrapes fine, along with the episode names, but they are sorted by episode name rather than the order they aired in.

Are you using the library? It sounds like you're browsing your media by the filesystem.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice

zylche posted:

Speaking of that setting I'd highly recommend using it, the default cache is around 20MB which isn't much if you buffer 720p Youtube videos. Have mine at 250MB without issue, tempted to knock it up but unsure where they're storing the cache.

I had no idea this would affect the youtube plugin. That's pretty great for the days when youtube is slow as molasses.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice

amitlu posted:

Somehow my XBMC lost YouTube auth so I have to manually fix the auth token again. It is crazy how it's been this long and no one has stepped up to make a working XBMC add-on since the last one was abandoned.

I pretty much gave up on youtube in XBMC once I got my chromecast. If you do a lot of youtube watching its a worthwhile purchase.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice
If you're buying something with streaming in mind wait a week or two to see if the razor box is worth while. It starts shipping next week according to amazon. Same price as the firetv and it does streaming from AMD cards as well.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice
It was on sale for 150 around Thanksgiving, still a pretty good price for what it is but not all time lowest

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice

amitlu posted:

Anyone have a good solution or replacement for Youtube on Kodi? It just broke recently and it looks like the creator has stopped updating it. There is a kind of complicated fix but I tried it and it didn't work for me, I think because I still use an older version of kodi and the addon itself.

If you really care about youtube get a chromecast. The XBMC / Kodi addon has broken before so even if the dev comes back there's no guarantee it'll work forever.

Also your answer is probably in the post: upgrade kodi and the addon to the version outlined in that link.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice
I'll have to check that out. I'm happy enough with the Kodi integration and Emby's slick backend but the android app is pretty bad compared to Plex.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice

The Milkman posted:

Shield w/ 2 Controllers is currently $149 for Prime Day

https://smile.amazon.com/NVIDIA-SHI...keywords=shield

Thanks, ended up on a waitlist but was able to order this. I guess I'll have to pick up a 1070 now to take advantage of the game streaming at some point.

Is the nvidia remote worthwhile or should I save the 50 and just use my logitech universal remote?

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice

Ixian posted:

Amazon Prime video support alone is killer (though you don't need the new model for that apparently as long as you don't care about HDR support).

The first gen supports 4k and HDR out already as far as I know. Did you read something to the contrary?

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice
That means it still requires an NVIDIA card? Boo, I was hoping for something more device agnostic since it was a steam app.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice
I've found that Kodi doesn't save settings until you exit the app gracefully sometimes so try changing the settings and using the menu within Kodi to exit.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice

Ixian posted:

SPMC allows you to hit "back" on the home screen to minimize

It's dumb and petty but this is the main reason I use SPMC over Kodi. All the other android apps I use on the shield let me back out to the home screen so it's pretty ingrained right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

College Slice
One thing I really miss from spmc is being to use the back button to get back to the home screen. It looks like I can do this by editing the key map xml but :effort: