Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

ErikTheRed posted:

Does anyone know how to get the buttons on a Harmony Smart Control mapped for Kodi on Ubuntu? Specifically IR, not using Bluetooth.

I recently reformatted my Kodi box and I can't seem to find the instructions that I used before.

I've added the following two devices in MyHarmony:
- Windows Media Center SE
- MCE Keyboard

I'm able to turn my Kodi box on and off, and use the arrows to move around the UI but the rest of the buttons don't seem to be mapped properly. Hopefully someone else remembers how to do this.

Just install the Keymap Editor addon and do it that way unless you really want to fart around doing it manually. Just be careful when rebinding stuff like the "OK" button or you can lock yourself out and have to ssh in to fix it.

If pushing a button doesn't send anything at all you'll have to use a different keymap with the Harmony but I think the ones you chose are fine. I'm using a flirc/Shield combo now instead so just going on memory here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
I use PlexKodiConnect, no issues. A bit fiddly to get setup at first but its been solid since.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
Has anyone screwed around with retroplayer yet? I think it's built in now.