Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Running OpenELEC on my Revo and I'm having issues with movie scraping. As in, nothing is working. TV Scraping is fine however. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm on XBCM 12RC3 and ION.x86_64-2.99.2

Trying to use themoviedb and it just keeps saying cannot connect even though my net connection is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

EC posted:

The site isn't working on my phone, so it's probably down for a bit. Wait awhile and try again.

I can get to themoviedb.org just fine on any computer on my network :(

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Gozinbulx posted:

By the way, in case anyone was wondering, ClearQAM is still available in Miami through Comcast. Probably not for long though.

Central florida area too, at least where Comcast is in Volusia county.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Having an issue and I wonder if you guys could give any suggestions.

So I've got 2 XBMC boxes running OpenELEC.

Acer Aspire R3610 with a 60GB SSD and a Foxconn A3500 with a 120GB SSD.

The acer is running Gotham and the Foxconn running Frodo.

Both have worked fine for 2+ years since I've had them. My setup was

Cable Modem -> 5th Gen Airport Extreme -> Netgear 5 Port Gigabyte Switch.

My NAS box, download server and both XBMC boxes were all connected into the Netgear. Everything worked great.

Last week my Airport Extreme died on me so I had to replace it. I picked up a Belkin N600 wireless router.

So my issue is the Acer has started loosing the network connection after about 10-15 minutes of either viewing media off the NAS box or say streaming MLB.TV. Which of course stops the media completely and either restarts where it stopped after 10-15 seconds or kicks me back to the XBMC menu.

Things I've tried

Having the Acer plugged into the router directly and having it plugged into the switch.
I upgraded the Acer to Gotham thinking there was something wrong with the install.
The Acer used to sit in my living room so I thought there might be something wrong with the network cable so I moved it into my movie room where the router/switch/nas box all reside.

None of these worked, the Acer still looses the network connection.

Now the Foxconn box doesn't seem to be having the exact problems. I've been able to stream entire games off MLB.TV with no hiccups, the only thing it seems to be doing is that every once in a while it's like the video stutters a bit while watching a movie, but it never looses network and never stops the video completely.

Is there something on this new router that I can check? Even when I had everything plugged into the switch, which should take the router out of the equation since all traffic was local and shouldn't hit the router, the Acer box still had problems.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Time for a new thread???

http://xbmc.org/introducing-kodi-14/

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Just picked up a FireTV and had Kodi up and running on it in less than 10 minutes and it works great! Plays all my 720p/1080p over wifi just fine. Such a sweet little media center box and for $99 pretty hard to beat that price.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

All you guys looking for remotes, any reason you don't just use an app on your phone? I've been using the kodi remote app on my iPhone for years and to control all 3 kodi boxes in my house and it works great. In remote mode it looks like this

Then you can also use it to browse just like the movies/tv show menus

I even have it setup on my wife's phone so if I'm not home she can watch whatever. Works over wifi and hey, you'll probably never loose this remote. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4602600/The-final-blow-Kodi-TVAddons-library-shuts-down.html

I foresee a lot of angry people who bought those cheap fully loaded kodi boxes becoming upset that they can no longer use them. A guy I work with sells them to docs/nurses and I've tried to tell him he's going to get burnt once all these places shut down, I think the day is finally coming.

Anyone else remember when the original kodi/xbmc as actually just a nice front end replacement for the OG xbox? That's when I started using it.