Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004
"The Transformers soundtrack is quite probably the greatest single album in the entire history of recorded music"
I have a Hp Micro server N54l with WHS2011 running my XBMC MySQL server and that works. Ideally I want a XBMC to run on the server as well so it can check for library updates and get sickbeard notifications because its always going to be on, but the server doesn't have a sound or video card.
I know this is a stretch but is there any way to run XBMC in this kind of environment if all you want to use it for is library updates?

I know other computers can handle updates. But my Revo 3610 becomes pretty unresponsive when it checks for updates and I would like to turn it off when not using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004
"The Transformers soundtrack is quite probably the greatest single album in the entire history of recorded music"
Is there a plugin/Youtube playlist that plays random Dog/Puppy videos for xbmc? Ideally one click plays endless videos like a screensaver. I had a quick look but couldn't see anything that really fit the bill.

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004
Is there a way to increase the number of TV Show episodes shown in the recently added section? to 50 or 100 or something?

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004

Jale posted:

You can use advanced settings.
How to make advancedsettings.xml: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsettings.xml
and paste this in it
code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videolibrary>
    <recentlyaddeditems>50</recentlyaddeditems> <!-- number of recently added items. Defaults to 25 -->
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
change the recently added settings to whatever you want.

This did exactly what I wanted, Thanks a lot.

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004

InfiniteZero posted:

I want to reinstall an OS on my Revo 3700 but I don't know if I should go Win10 or LibreElec. Not being a Linux person (I don't even own a fedora or suspenders), will I eventually run into some sort of arcane issue if I go with LibreElec and want to install Win10 anyway or am I safe going to LibreElec with an older box like that?

My Revo ran a lot faster with openElec give libreelec a try, setup is minimal and you don't need to know linux. But the Win10 free upgrade deadline is coming up if you haven't done that and think you want to use win10 in the future you should do that first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004

Ixian posted:

Their "premium" options are more or less aligned with Plex unless I am mistaken. Maybe you can use their client to cast for free, dunno.

Question still doesn't make a lot of sense to me but I suspect the poster isn't too familiar with what each solution actually does.

You can cast with the emby app for free but it bugs you to buy premium, it's pretty janky and annoying.