Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

EC posted:

Added the following to the OP:
---
Service Add-Ons

Library Watchdog: This add-on watches your media sources for new files, and automatically updates XBMC's library when it finds them.
----

If anyone uses additional service add-ons I'll add them to the list.

Also, if you're on iOS make sure to check out the Official Remote app. It's free, and way faster than any other remote app I've tried before. XBMC Commander always took 10 seconds or so to bring up a list of music, for example, where as this one does it instantly. Highly recommended.

I've been using XBMC Constellation, and it's decent, but it does have a bit of lag when starting up and connecting to my XBMC box. I'll give the official app a try. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
I started using Transparency as my main skin because I love how it looks when scrolling films and having the large fan art showing. Does any other skin do it as nice as Transparency?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

kri kri posted:

Lots of skins have fanart-centric views if thats what you mean.

Yeah, with very minimal menus is what I'm aiming for. Transparency has been the best so far, unless you guys know of others that do it as well.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

G-Prime posted:

It doesn't, from Frodo to Gotham, from what I read last night. I had to do it manually. Super simple process, though. Took a couple minutes and two reboots.

Do you just put the tar file in the Update folder and then reboot twice?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Excellent. Thanks guys! Looking forward to this.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Has anyone gotten a USB TV tuner to work with OpenELEC? I have one of these:

http://www.diamondmm.com/tvw750usb-diamond-hd-usb-tv-tuner.html

But I highly doubt it would work with OpenELEC.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
I absolutely love the MetroTV skin for Gotham, but am I correct in seeing there have not been any updates for it in a long time? Just making sure I'm not missing anything. There's some minor bugs that annoy me, but it's one of the best skins out there.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

redhalo posted:

Github shows last update was a month ago. Is that as far back as you had thought? You could report bugs to the developer here. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=138997 He seems to still be actively responding as of the 4th.

Hmm, no I think my version is older than that. I'll update from Github and see if bugs have been fixed. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

redhalo posted:

Just checking, but you did know that it wasn't going to automatically update in XBMC right? Also given that it's beta be sure to report said bugs.

Yeah, I knew it wasn't going to auto update, but I was able to download the zip off the XBMC/Kodi forum. Didn't realize it was being updated via Github.