Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Perhaps this is best suited for the ATV thread, but does anyone know of a skin that is streamlined for the AppleTV? Confluence runs well enough but I can't help but think there's a skin made just for the ATV...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Sendo posted:

Quatz was pretty much made for the ATV, it's heavily inspired by the ATV interface. I'd also see how the ACE skin linked a few posts up goes as it seems extremely light and fast.

Yeah I just tried Ace and it wasn't very fast. Not as fast as Confluence at least. It also installed a couple add-ons but when I uninstalled the skin it didn't remove the add-ons (or disable them...) which is sort of obnoxious.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

kitten smoothie posted:

Did Amazon recently change something that blocks XBMC? I can't stream anything anymore without getting an "FLASH_ACCESS_DRM" message. It worked just fine last weekend.

edit: apparently, yes, the streams weren't DRM-wrapped before and beginning on Thursday, now they are.

Boooooooo. So does that mean the Amazon Prime plugin is broken now? :(

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

YouTuber posted:

The old Xbox couldn't handle .mkv files so it quickly became obsolete. It's still an excellent platform for playing emulated games up to the lower end of the N64 era. However I wouldn't buy a brand new Xbox just for playing emulated games when a Raspberry Pi likely could handle it just as easily.

I would. With my old Xbox I could play Mario Kart 64 with four controllers really easily. I don't want to think about the headache of dealing with setting up those controllers on a Raspberry Pi.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Long Shot: Has anyone here gotten a USB-UIRT working inside of OpenELEC? The ad-hoc official installation instructions don't really jive with what I see when I poke around the file system of an OpenELEDC installation.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I just got an intel NUC and it fits your requirements quite well. Easily mounts to the back of a tv and has bt integrated into the (separately purchased) wifi card. I run openelec from a thumb drive without any freezing in the menus like I had with my appletv.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Keito posted:

I've never had any feature break in Aeon Nox, like, at all, man. They do like to switch things up for new major releases though.

Now, the Aeon skins that were derived from the original spaghetti codebase were an entirely different story... Breaking left and right if I even dared to look away for a moment.

So I tried a build of the RetroPlayer branch the other day, and it performed well in my extensive testing (I played one SNES game for five minutes). For now you seem to be limited to the options XBMC offers for regular video upscaling, which means no nearest-neighbor setting. I can't stand bilinear filtering of my pixels so I quit there.

Did you play the game with a Bluetooth controller, by chance?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

What devices are you running OpenElec on? Which build are you using of the RetroPlayer fork?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Tiger.Bomb posted:

Does anyone still use xbmc on atv2? Last time I updated to frodo there was some memory leak and ios kept killing the app. I had to downgrade.

I did until recently when my atv2 went into a boot loop and I had to restore to the latest firmware that only has a tethered jailbreak. With how often I have to reboot the atv2 while running XBMC, that was a non-starter so I got a NUC instead.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Electromax posted:

I have a dorky emulated game collection that mirrors my physical one, and this skin with RCB supports that kind of metadata like alternate titles, descriptions, comments and such.

It doesn't launch ROMs, though, right?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I have two speakers.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Once this gets rolled into an openelec fork, I'm gonna be in heaven.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

DarkSol posted:

So, I'm having a weird problem with my Lightpack. Half of my lights work, but its only one side. If I plug in the lights from the malfunctioning side, they work fine. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions of what I could do?

Wrong thread?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I recently discovered the combination of Kodi + IPTV + Debrid and it scratches the exact itch I have these days where I want to watch everything in one place but I don't necessarily want to maintain a giant library of content.

I think I paid $15 for half a year of Real-Debrid.com service? Seems like a steal.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Photex posted:

This is why I don't gently caress with Kodi what is this shady looking poo poo :wtc:

Seems about the same level of shady as using torrents or paying for Usenet.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Keito posted:

Not really, you're paying for the Internet equivalent of a bootleg video store.

It caches the files in their web interface and you can just download them there if you want to keep them. The files are literally the same files I would get from usenet. Yall are weird.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Yeah I'm not saying this is my permanent solution for media consumption but it works right now and is super convenient for the costs involved. If I still had a working sickbeard setup with a NAS I'd probably still do that but I don't have a place to store everything so I have to be selective and this seems to allow for that.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Just today I received a RiiMini i25 remote mouse for my NUC and it works fairly well. I haven't used an air mouse since 2004 or so but the technology seems to have come along. And you can just lock the cursor off screen if you don't need mouse support beyond clicking. It's got a full keyboard on the back which is nice for the odd times you need to search or enter data.

It's even able to suspend the box from the remote so that's a bonus. Plugged it in and LibreELEC knew what to do with it without any problems.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I want to get an android stick capable of playing 1080p content (4K would be nice but I don't have a 4K screen so it would be downsampled). I currently use a Shield Pro but it'd be nice to have something smaller for travel purposes.

Will any stick device do or should I look for a specific chipset?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Can you put kodi on iOS natively now? I thought you could only use a remote app.

My use case is IPTV streams for sporting events. Accessing them via KODI is way less headache and ad-blocking than going through a browser.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Oh I actually have an RP3+. I should try to put kodi on that.

The reason for a stick, though, is because I like to watch baseball during the summer when I'm out camping and I use either a projector or a small 15" LED screen. I'm just trying to keep it small and compact so I was hoping to avoid introducing yet another scratchable device to the outdoors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The shield remote is pretty decent but for my NUC I got a dedicated remote with a usb dongle that has a full qwerty keyboard on the backside.