Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Don Lapre posted:

Here is how you figure it out

Is your tv set to full range, if so set kodi to full range

is your tv set to limited rage, if so set kodi to limited range.

I use an Optoma HD33 projector and I don't think it has that setting, but also doesn't tell you what it's set to (or it automatically senses it I am not sure) then I have it being driven by an Onkyo txnr818 which tries to do a bunch of video processing which I have disabled. Then the source is kodi/plex running on a nexus player which I don't even think gives me the option, so I have to guess the source, receiver and projector. I think it's set correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah I kinda remember that all now, I haven't played with those settings in awhile, not since my last video calibration.

I just checked the Android TV settings, I can't find the setting, also can't find it in Kodi 17 or in Plex. On my.projector I had it set to auto. Should I change this to limited ? Will the nexus player sense the change during hdmi handshake ?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Too many hiccups and issues with plex and that other xemby or whatever its called. It's awesome when it works but it seemed like every time I had people over for a movie night, it would have embarrassing BS problems like requiring a server update and restart before streaming. It's definitely a hobby level setup and not "mission critical" like a professional level theater would be.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TheScott2K posted:

You just know there's something completely moronic in this setup if even Plex has "issues."

Nah it's an i3 NUC as a Plex server on a gigabit network with some Nexus players feeding a receiver that goes to a projector.

I used to point Kodi directly to my NAS and it was bulletproof which is what I switched back to.