Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vwman18
Jul 30, 2005

bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong
So I decided to try the MySQL syncing thing, since I have a few instances of XBMC-Frodo in the house. I'm trying to get this set up on a Win7 machine first. I got MySQL installed on my WHS box, created the advancedsettings.xml according to the wiki, but can't get XBMC to connect to MySQL. XBMC just hangs at the splash screen if I keep the xml file, but if I delete the file XBMC reverts back to the local library. When I run the SHOW DATABASES command there are no databases but the defaults after install. The Debug log shows XBMC continually trying to connect to the MySQL MyVideos75 DB, which doesn't exist because XBMC didn't create it. Here's the log entry:

14:35:29 T:4460 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos75 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.1.70' (10060))

Any ideas what to check?

I'm having another maybe related issue with the video library. In following the wiki, I exported my library. I can't find where that exported library is if I select the "Separate" option. If I select the "Single File" option, I can see the backup that was made, but I can't import from it. Using the GUI within Frodo it just shows the folder structure, but no files and therefore nothing to import.

vwman18 fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vwman18
Jul 30, 2005

I must have missed something earlier. I deleted and reinstalled MySQL 5.6, re-did the setup and xml files for XBMC, and now I have a "myvideos75" SQL database and I can use XBMC again. New problem, there's no library. There is no "Movies" or "TV Shows" on the home screen, but I can see all my sources when I go to "Files" under Video. I tried to remove and re-add some of the sources, but I can't get the SQL database populated. I'm getting a lot of "table does not exist" errors in the XBMC log:

18:35:48 T:5448 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::HasContent failed
18:35:48 T:7016 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
18:35:48 T:7016 INFO: CFileCache::Process - Hit eof.
18:35:48 T:5448 ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
Query: select idFile from files where strFileName='VIDEO_TS.IFO' and idPath=3
18:35:48 T:5448 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetFileId (smb://SERVER/Videos/Box Sets/Back To The Future/Back to the Future (1985)/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO) failed
18:35:48 T:5448 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetFileId (smb://SERVER/Videos/Box Sets/Back To The Future/Back to the Future (1985)/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO) failed

..and so it goes for every video file contained within my selected sources. I'd ask on the XBMC forums, but they appear to be down.

vwman18
Jul 30, 2005

Has anyone had volume issues with Airplay videos? It seems like any YouTube video or any other vid sent from my phone to XBMC is extremely quiet. I'm using Yatse to send the videos from my Galaxy S3, but my wife has the same problem with her iPhone. I've tried the Airplay option as well as the "Send to XBMC" option, both need me to crank the volume in order to hear anything.

vwman18
Jul 30, 2005

vwman18 posted:

Has anyone had volume issues with Airplay videos? It seems like any YouTube video or any other vid sent from my phone to XBMC is extremely quiet. I'm using Yatse to send the videos from my Galaxy S3, but my wife has the same problem with her iPhone. I've tried the Airplay option as well as the "Send to XBMC" option, both need me to crank the volume in order to hear anything.

I'm a big dummy. Somehow the volume within XBMC had been turned down to about 25% which was why I couldn't hear anything that didn't have digital audio. Always check the simple stuff first, hurr.

vwman18
Jul 30, 2005

Don Lapre posted:

Download http://xbmcwmc.teknowebworks.com/ this and install it. Works on 7 and 8. Gives you an XBMC link in WMC. When you click it it closes WMC and opens XBMC, when you exist XBMC it relaunches WMC.

I've been using this for over a year, works pretty good. My only issue is that when exiting XBMC, WMC often isn't given focus/returned to the forefront when it comes back. This prevents the remote from working until I grab a keyboard and click on the WMC interface.