Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
I cannot get any of bluecop's stuff to work right under Frodo. Anything I launch generates a script error. Is there a guide for debugging this stuff somewhere? I'm not sure where it stores logs or anything under Windows (Netflix!! :argh:) If anyone knows of a solution, that would be handy too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Thermopyle posted:

To the talk on the previous page about the point of MySQL: One of my favorite things about using a MySQL backend is pausing/stopping a show in one room and resuming it from the correct spot in another room.

I think it would make backing up easier, as I'm already running MySQL for other stuff on my NAS anyways and adding that to my routine would be easier. I like the idea of seperating the data from the application, but it may not be worth the effort for everyone.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

tarepanda posted:

Is there a home automation megathread somewhere?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3462976

Here are some like-minded folks.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Atarian posted:

I just moved to windows home server 2011 from using Ubuntu as my file server. When I add the smb share in xbmc, it displays over half of my videos as 0kb and won't play them. Accessing the share from windows on my laptop shows all the files, and they all play fine. It seems like xbmc doesn't like my server. Tried it with xbmcbuntu, openelec, and xbmc on my iPad. Same issue on all three. Any ideas?

I usually try to use NFS for *nix<->*nix connections because SMB is a POS comparatively. You can run samba in parallel to NFS to let Windows clients use the share, but then user permissions can get wonky.