Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Running into an issue with my remote. I originally had XBMC under Windows 7, but switched to OpenElec today. Same remote, but now it's firing 3 or 4 clicks every time I press something. A little Googling tells me this is a fairly common problem, but without any sure-fire solutions. I'm guessing I need to add a delay in somewhere before accepting another command.

I actually had this issue under Windows 7 as well with the remote that came with my AD12, but I bought a standalone MCE Remote and threw those drivers on the computer and the problem stopped. Now that I'm on OpenElec, I'm not sure what options I have.

I toggled the "Remote sends keyboard press" option on and off to no change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

Mortanis posted:

Running into an issue with my remote. I originally had XBMC under Windows 7, but switched to OpenElec today. Same remote, but now it's firing 3 or 4 clicks every time I press something. A little Googling tells me this is a fairly common problem, but without any sure-fire solutions. I'm guessing I need to add a delay in somewhere before accepting another command.

I actually had this issue under Windows 7 as well with the remote that came with my AD12, but I bought a standalone MCE Remote and threw those drivers on the computer and the problem stopped. Now that I'm on OpenElec, I'm not sure what options I have.

I toggled the "Remote sends keyboard press" option on and off to no change.

Okay, this is entirely stupid. It does it with the XBMC remotes for Android and iOS too. I've tried creating an AdvancedSettings.xml and playing with the settings there, and I can see them having an effect as far as how long it takes if I deliberately hold a button down, but it still doesn't change the double keying.

This is entirely frustrating and impossible to use. Looks like I'm formatting back to Windows.