Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, I think I'm gonna set up Plex on my network simply so I can stream stuff everywhere after finding this stupid easy guide:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/14/setting-up-a-plex-environment/

Other than streaming anywhere like on my iPhone, any other real advantages of running Plex? My current XBMC is 3 HD's hooked up to my CPU which my HDTV acts as a second screen where I use XBMC. Then, I share my files over my network so my roommates can use XBMC in their room with my media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Did the integrated emulators ever take off? I use XBMC on my TV as a secondary display, but I can't find emulators that support a secondary display, so they are useless to me.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Any reason why XBMC won't show every new movie I've added in the New Movies widget across all skins? They show up in the Movies section and I can watch them just fine, but they don't show up in the widget for New Movies and it's very annoying :(.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Traxxus posted:

Frodo looks for "new" movies now by file date, and not when added to the library like it used to. There's an easy fix using advancedsettings.xml , I posted it once in this thread if you check my previous posts.

Cool, thanks man. I'll give it a shot. I thought it might have something to do with when the files were "created", so I changed a setting in SABNZBD too.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What's a good trailer app? I tried The Trailers and can't get it to even work correctly.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Hate to be that guy that asks, I haven't been in this thread in a while. But, did the whole emulator stuff finally get up and going? The old/current way of emulators never really worked out for me. Especially since stuff like SNES emulators won't work on a secondary display (my TV).

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm trying to get RCB going and I can't add any games because when I got to find the path, it only shows my DVD Drive on my computer even though I have 5 hard drives hooked up.

EDIT: Nevermind. Had to go to File Manager and add my hard drives as paths.

89 fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 28, 2013

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
For those with an emulator setup, I'm curious if you have multiple displays to worry about? Basically, I have a 3 monitor setup with my 2 monitors for my computer, and then a long cable running to my living room HDTV for XBMC. Works great, except when it comes to emulators. Nothing wants to launch on my 3rd display (HDTV). Anybody have the same troubles?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Any cool add on's that have come up in the past year that's not in the OP?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Anybody have any sweet setups for their Cinema Experience?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I just spent the last two days loving with getting PlayOn to work with PseudoTV Live. Fail. Then again to get Netflix to even work with PlayOn. Fail. Error code about not having access to Widevine Content even though it's clearly enabled. It won't let me update it no matter how many times I disable my virus scan and reinstall Chrome.

My quest to marry Hulu and Netflix with my local library has been a failure with Kodi. Might as well pack my bags and go back to the Plex and individual Netflix app. The information out there on this stuff is so little and brief. I quit.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Call Me Charlie posted:

Here's the easiest way. Buy an android box like the Fire TV or Xiaomi Mi Box. Get a Kodi skin that allows custom entries like Amber. Add the official hulu/netflix apps to your favorites and link them to the front page.

Of course, you're dealing with a different UI when you open those apps and it isn't just one giant list of poo poo that's available but it's all remote friendly and you'll return to Kodi after you exit the app.

Are Fire TVs really that powerful?

I'm not gonna lie. I can't get my computer to not occasionally bump me out of full screen mode from Kodi or Steam. It'd be nice to not worry about that. It's pretty much a given that I'll get bumped out of full screen mode once every time I watch a movie. I have no idea what application is doing that. And apparently you can't force full screen mode on a Windows application.

At the end of the day, I GUESS my Xbox One isn't doing a terrible job with the trio of Plex/Netflix/Hulu + voice control...

89 fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Side Note: Made the mistake of trying to look up videos of Kodi builds on Fire TVs and HOLY poo poo, everybody has pretty much turned a clean build of Kodi into an atrocious raping of the eyes not since seen since we were 12 years old building geocities websites of our favorite celebrities drawn as South Park characters, good Gawd. They are ugly as gently caress.