Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Is it possible to mark a video as watched using the iOS app xbmcRemote?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigis
Jun 21, 2006

midnightclimax posted:

If I want to use a Raspberry for streaming with Kodi, do I need an external HD? Because I'm thinking buffering all the data is a problem when you only have a 8 GB SD. Or maybe not? Dunno.

I use these settings in my advancedsettings.xml file and HD streaming over wireless n to my RPi works great.

code:
<advancedsettings>
	<network>
		<buffermode>1</buffermode>
		<cachemembuffersize>52428800</cachemembuffersize>
	</network>
</advancedsettings>

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
I've been using an RPi 2 with Kodi for more than a year now and it's great. I've got it streaming HD video wirelessly (with the buffer size upped in the config file) and it uses my TV remote with HDMI-CEC.

I don't plan to change device any time soon.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006

Hed posted:

Cross-posting from the Windows 10 thread but has anyone serving up files from a Win10 shared folder had Kodi playback problems since the recent November Update?

We've had a lot of play stoppages on new files and some ripped videos that previously never had problems. Also seeking sucks now.

I can't even login to my SMB share at all anymore because it won't accept any UN/PW combination. I can login to my other Win10 PC that hasn't got the November update yet.

What a loving piece of poo poo.

EDIT: Worked it out. You have to login with <computer name>\<username> where <username> is whatever is under C:\Users\<username>, and your MS account password.

Not your Microsoft account username. Not Administrator. Not whatever you may have been using before. FFS.

bigis fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Nov 16, 2015

bigis
Jun 21, 2006

thebushcommander posted:

So in the username field I have to literally enter goons-pc\goon1 and my MS password? can't just use goon1?

That's correct and the only thing that would work for me. On Win7 you didn't need a password for SMB sharing. It's getting worse with Win10, urgh.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Aww poo poo I copied the 6.0.2 updates files to my RPi2, rebooted, and now it doesn't get past the coloured screen that usually first comes up at boot.

I was running whatever the latest 5.x before. How hosed am I? I guess I need to :pt: my SD card?

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Is it better to use the Sonarr generated Kodi metadata or should I just let Kodi handle it?

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
I'm running the latest OpenELEC on my RPi - is it worth installing LibreELEC?

My OpenELEC install seems fine but am I missing out on anything by not swapping over? :effort:

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Oh cool so I can keep the same config/plugins/etc?

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
I'd like to mirror my PC to my Kodi RPi box - is this possible?

I have an nvidia card so Moonlight embedded looks like it might work:

http://moonlight-stream.com

bigis
Jun 21, 2006

wolrah posted:

That said, Steam Link goes on sale all the time and was even as low as $20 last week.

I got Moonlight working but it's laggy on wireless n. I'll try it with an Ethernet cable and if it's still laggy I'll try the Steam Link instead. Thanks!

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Is there a way for me to export and backup my Kodi addons? I have a bunch that aren't publicly available anymore and therefore I can't locate and backup the original .zip files.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Apologies, I’m running libreelec 9.0.1 on a RPi 3. So I’m good to just copy the addon_data directory?

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Awesome, thanks so much.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Teen mom is the absolute worst on TVBD. My automation always gets screwed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigis
Jun 21, 2006

Matt Zerella posted:

The easiest way to get the WAF is to add shows they like. I had a buddy give me poo poo for having Karadshians on mine for my SO so I made a new library with only her shows and locked him in there for a week.

Yep, my mates give me poo poo too but it keeps the wife happy. :shrug: It’s just extra annoying that the scene / TVDB naming is all hosed up.