Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

Levitate posted:

Good call, I meant to mention something about. There's some great artwork out there for Middle Earth that's really enjoyable

Slightly cheesy powermetal counts as art, right? Listening to Blind Guardian is what got my mom into Tolkien, and she gave me a copy of The Silmarillion after we went to see The Hobbit :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoyToHOWSV8

I've moved onto Fellowship now, and knowing the history of the land and the people beforehand really adds to the experience for me. I think you could definitely read some of the shorter stories in The Silmarillion separately if reading the entire book feels like a chore.

MIDWIFE CRISIS fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Feb 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
^Awesome

Here's a searchable map of Middle Earth. Good for when you don't want to spend ten minutes starring at a map to find a place that was mentioned. You can change the font in the lower left corner.