Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

AnonSpore posted:

That's the one. Were they any good?

I've been trying to remember the name of that author a LOT recently, because the whole thing is just so blatantly ripped off from LotR. I read the omnibus once, at the age of maybe 14, and even thick as I often am about getting books on anything more than the most surface level, even at 14... I realised it was an obvious rip-off of LotR before getting about 1/4 of the way through. THe not-Moria sequence with the not-Balrog is the most obvious bit.

Seriously, just read the wiki article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Iron_Tower

They're poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Baron Porkface posted:

Were the vala mentionted in Rings/Hobbit? i ask in the context of the Sauron wiki article some guy mentions had a theory that Sauron was a vala before the Simarillion was published.

I think they come up in the appendices, but they're not dealt with in detail.