Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I can already imagine what his talks about trench warfare will sound like;

"So imagine what it must have been like to be told "Well, we gotta take out that, gotta take out their machine gun nests so the charge happens tomorrow at dawn and by the way we're sorry that so many of you are gonna die". And you hear that every day so you go over the top, charge it, somehow you don't die trapped in the barbed wire or cut to ribbons by, by a Maxim. And you take the trench. But then your Commanding Officer says "Congratulations, we're going to do the exact same thing tomorrow!" So you do it. Again and again and again!..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I haven't been able to download it from the website or from itunes.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I just won tickets to see this weeks taping of Star Talk. I've never caught an episode, but I like Bill Nye. And Tig Notaro will a guest too!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
He has a good episode called Logical Insanity that goes over how the precedent for dropping the atomic bomb stretches back in part to the decisions to target cities as if they were military installations, and then to target military installations with incendiary devices.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

Dan Carlin would be an excellent rogue and a great edition to their party.

So, do you think he'd be Neutral Good or True Neutral?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm too cool for cool ranch dorirtos.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
An overview of US/Mexican relations over the centuries would be interesting.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Trump doesn't know about the US occupation of Veracruz. He'd probably think that chick Vera Cruz asked for it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I started losing interest in the 1904 Olympics dollop and then Rory did the first horror movie "AH-ah" and I was back on board.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
In Our Time has a feed just for the History episodes.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This week's Citations Needed is good. It's about "gentrifiers" acting like they're colonizing/settling places where other people already live.

https://citationsneeded.libsyn.com/episode-15-the-real-estate-page-as-colonial-dispatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
You may as well complain about anti-smoking biases in articles about lung cancer.