Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I can see in the OP the china history podcast. I’ve listened to history of Rome and am currently doing the Byzantium one now. Is there any that cover in a similar style china (I guess the one in the op?) and similarly the Persian empire / any of the specific empires that have been in that area. Would settle for an Ottoman Empire or Islam history podcast too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
So I just blasted through revolutions season on the 1848 revolutions, now into the empire of france / Franco Prussian war stuff.

It made me realise how much I’d love a podcast on ww1/2, I guess either or but specifically 1 as it’s got a lot to do with the aftermaths of the aforementioned.

Anything that’s fairly like narrative based like revolutions etc that people have listened to? Google brings up approximately a bajillion.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Probably been asked but I scanned a few pages and couldn’t see. Any good narrative style Chinese history podcasts?

Also I wanted a French one, I listed to “the French history podcast” and found the guy insufferable, but maybe I’m being unfair. Does it get better after about 20 eps? Or a better narrative history podcast for France?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Grand Fromage posted:

The History of China. Lots of back episodes for you too, it's currently up to the Qing.

Oh wtf I thought this wasn’t a narrative for some reason. Great poo poo thank you