Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.

Tainen posted:

Did he ever serve his prison sentence? The last update on Wikipedia says that he plead guilty in April and faces up to 29 months but there are no updates after that.

For those who dont know.

Ugh that sucks. :(

Anyway, I don't think starting from the first episode is a good way of getting into Skeptoid. Just for audio quality if nothing else. A better way would be to skim the list of episodes and try a few that sound interesting.

My own random recommendations of episodes that are good and pretty representative of the series would be
#124 Betty and Barney Hill: A real UFO abduction
#140 The Bosnian pyramids
#211 Attack on Pearl Harbor
#292 The grey man of Ben MacDhui

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

we'll grub out.
I was planning a nice long bike ride today but I put if off for tomorrow when I heard a new HH was about to hit. :dance:

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

we'll grub out.
Yeah this ep is great. The quotes regarding the German army marching through Belgium in particular were unreal.

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

we'll grub out.

Zorak posted:

Up to about episode 50 on Mike Duncan's The History of Rome. I have been listening to them at work when busy with less intensive tasks, they've certainly helped the day go quicker, though I don't think my rate of consumption is going to make them last nearly long enough until Revolutions starts again.

I guess after that I'll give that History of China podcast a go.

I'm on 108 and thoroughly enjoying them. I liked the episodes on the daily life of the average Roman and tour of the provinces the best so far, as it had basically turned into The History of Roman Emperors.

I'm also looking forward to History of China, since as a westerner it's something I know a lot less about going in.

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

we'll grub out.
I was referring to the Chris Stewart podcast which started back in November. I listened to the first episode and thought it was good enough to keep going, but I'll wait until I'm finished with Rome.

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

we'll grub out.
I find it slightly nauseating.

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

we'll grub out.

Ariza posted:

Do people prefer this style of editing to a free-flowing natural production? It reminds me of the problems I have with all of the cable TV reality shows with the 360 degree spin around people and the edits every 4 seconds. I wish they put out a normal version because the subject matter interests me, but within a few minutes of trying to listen I'm ready to pour hot wax into my ears.

It's NPR radio editing. I agree it's really over produced and obnoxious.

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

we'll grub out.
Carlin's source for the bone field stuff is Donovan Webster's Aftermath: The Remnants of War. Whom he believes is credible. I found a dissucssion on the HH forums where Carlin defends he choice to include it http://www.dancarlin.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14953&start=60

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

we'll grub out.
Don't forget Punic Nightmares

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

we'll grub out.
Why would the masonic conspiracy frame their own misinformation agent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

we'll grub out.
Maybe Dunning ran afoul of his big pharma paymasters and this is how they dealt with him.