Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Dan Carlin just tweeted that a new Hardcore History is coming out today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

When I listen to Common Sense I find myself agreeing with half the things he says and super disagreeing with the other half. I prefer echo chambers so I mostly don't listen to it.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

My girlfriend and I listened to the Joan of Arc 3 parter for Our Fake History and instantly got hooked.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

my Mondays are complete again

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I've found Criminal's quality to be wildly inconsistent. On some things Phoebe will go in depth but on more than a couple occasions she will interview someone, not really ask any questions relevant to the situation and go welp bye see you next week.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I personally loved all the descriptions of the battles in the Spanish American revolution and that is also the one I started with

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

My girlfriend asks me to put the revolutions podcast on when she wants to sleep when we are driving between Phoenix and San Diego

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

See, when my wife and I listen to Revolutions on road trips she stays awake so that she can occasionally interject "Fuckin' Talleyrand, man, that guy gets around!"

I'm not saying that we haven't occasionally had moments where we spend a bunch of time reading about Gregor MacGregor after listening to Revolutions but lately there hasn't been any figures like him or Talleyrand for her to latch onto

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Carlin got me into listening to podcasts about history and back into reading about it so I'm not gonna harsh that weird libertarian too hard

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i really enjoyed the dirty john podcast but it wrapped up so neatly that it felt fictional

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

tanks are boring aviation is way cooler

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Can't forget this

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdjBV8-jKpo/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=nutr0826z8pz

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

every time i try something from parcast i run into a wall of 0 charisma

what the gently caress is wrong with literally everyone on that network

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

The serial killer one is particularly egregious because I remember them being horrible at segueing into ads

*said in same deadpan as the presentation* Wow that's horrible about all that rape anyhow you know what rapes your time? Planning meals every night. Don't have your time serially killed every night by signing up for blue apron

It would be funny if they had someone like Gary from the dollop reacting to the absurdity of it but they never do

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Arizonan here. McCain is/was a bitch and the dollop podcast on him is amazing

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

He can do what the our fake history guy did every time it got interesting and refer people to the eastern border podcast

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Does the age of napoleon guy ever stop scaring the gently caress out of you with surprise really loud ads mid episode

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

ITT people who never listened to common sense

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

Speaking of Carlin, he just posted part two of Twilight of the Aesir and its just over 6 hours long.

Ah, time to deep clean the apartment

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Age of Napoleon, Our Fake History, Lions Led By Donkeys are some that I listen to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

It’s been 3 and a half years since Inward Empire released anything, I’d probably consider that dead but still worth listening to