Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Zorak posted:

I started listening to Revolutions after being suggested it via Twitter, and I'm really enjoying it. I suppose that means I should listen to his History of Rome podcast?

Defiantly he is a little shaky at the start but it's worth it. It took me about 2 months to make it through all 190 episodes but when I finished I just wanted more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

I would say at least listen to the English Civil War first, it lays a lot of the ground work of the later revolutions. You probably can skip the American revolution if you want but the French on is the best by far.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

GoingPostal posted:

Yup. It's finished and he's on the six week break to work on the Mexican Revolution and the book on Lafayette.

And move to Paris!

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

The best duo is Dan and Jordan on the Knowledge fight podcast.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

I kind of want to pick Knowledge Fight up, but I don't know if I can stomach voluntarily listening to that much of Alex Jones a week.

Do it! and the wednesday episode is usually some sort of space weirdo instead.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Spoeank posted:

It Could Happen Here is the only podcast I ever quit on due to it stressing me the hell out, and I listen to Knowledge Fight constantly.

Dan's dulcet tone relaxes us all.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Sydin posted:

Check out Drachinifel on Youtube. He does naval history mostly centered around WW1/WW2, but also sometimes covers more broader stuff and even recently had an episode where he brought in an aviation expect to breakdown all of the myths about the A6M Zero for two and a half hours. There is a visual component to it but it's usually just stills and the occasional diagram, so you can afford to just listen to it.

His April Fools episode about the HMS Thunderchild was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQBund8uLmo

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

CommonShore posted:

Especially on the English Civil Wars

I would love nothing more than for Mike to do 30 episodes on the English Civil War

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

PittTheElder posted:

I'm late to Duncan-chat but yeah. I actually started at French and worked forward, only rolling back to ECW after catching up on Russia, and it is almost comedic how rushed and shallow the ECW series feels relative to anything French and forward. I honestly am not even sure if I listened to his ARW series, but just from the episode descriptions it does not look good.

If you listened to the rest of it you might as well

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

When you make a history podcast a lot of your demographic is going to be guys whos dick don't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

webmeister posted:

He said the other day on Twitter he’s fully intending to cover the civil war period as well.

https://twitter.com/mikeduncan/status/1455909715016306690?s=21

I'm pretty sure he said he's going up until the death of Lenin