Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Does Skeptoid get any better? I tried listening to the first episode but it was basically "HEY HIPPIES, GET THIS: Energy doesnt mean what you think it means." and then talking about thermodynamics for a half hour, in a voice that sounds like me holding my nose and impersonating nerd voice (I already have nerd voice, so im amplifying).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ariza posted:

His voice never gets better and he seems like a very typical person who wastes too much time on the internet and becomes a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to lots of different thing, knowing very little about almost everything but trying to sound like an expert. He also pleaded (pled isn't a word?) guilty to wire fraud for using fraudulent cookies to steal referral money from eBay. That being said, I usually listen to it every week because they're all like 12 minutes long and usually about weird monsters or disappearing whosits that I've never heard of.

I think Im just a little dissapointed because I would have liked a little history and information on the topic before the debunk came, but the podcast is 100% debunk, or at least the early episodes Ive listened to. I don't know anything about the details of, say, homeopathy and a little information on what the beliefs the adherents have would have been nice.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The Erland posted:

I know people here have mixed opinions on Radiolab, but I usually like it well enough. However, the last episode (In The Dust Of This Planet) is a huge mess. I'm having trouble figuring out what the point of the whole thing was: Something about Jay-Z's t-shirt indicating a larger generational shift towards nihilism. Radiolab has always been about style over substance, but this was just ridiculous. It seems unlikely to me that it would have been an episode at all hadn't one of the main characters in it been Jad's brother-in-law

I read that as "In the Durst Of This Planet" and it really should have been about a Limp Bizkit T Shirt

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Heteroy posted:

Maybe "air headed" characters that Victoria Jackson used to play on SNL in the nineties?

Ive got a huge crush on Lucy Moran from Twin Peaks.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Punkin Spunkin posted:

why does the Our Fake History guy compare Rasputin to Homer Simpson when it comes to the Aspirin Theory? I feel like that doesn't give him enough credit, if he's at least recognized that the boy would be better off without the doctor's interference.

p.s. I've been digging and listening to a lot of Our Fake History

I hate the way the Our Fake History dude talks. Hes got the next generation equivalent of Radio Voice. Hes got Youtube Voice

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Yeah Brian Dunning is at least more tolerable than the sword and scale guy who's making this successful media empire off of rambling about serial killers and MONSTERS (all while feigning that gosh he's not trying to be exploitative or nothin') to true crime guzzling white trash

Talking about the microwaved baby and playing 90 seconds of microwave noises to put you in the mood was my favorite part of Sword and Scale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I've got no sympathy for Carlin. He was peddling that both sides false equivalency South Park bullshit that paved the way to the hell we're in. Full complicity.

Goddamn, I cant believe Dan Carlin is to blame for the rise of Donald Trump. How come nobody is talking about this?!