Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...
On the topic of biblical history, I've been listening to Lance Ralston's Communio Sanctorum. It's a podcast on the history of the church, similar in style to Lars Brownworth's 12 Byzantine Rulers/Norman Centuries podcasts.

Last year, Ralston reached episode 100 and decided to completely reboot the podcast. Starting over at zero and beginning at birth of the church, I think it's a much more focused show now, and the 15-20 minute episode lengths make it easy to burn through half a dozen episodes in one sitting. He does let his personal religious bias show through every once in a while, but Ralston does a pretty good job of keeping his discussions based more on historical fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...
Ah, yeah that's true. "The History of the Christian Church" is how it's listed on iTunes.

Sorry, I'm just so used to hearing him introduce it as Communio Sanctorum.

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...
And a boxing analogy. Whenever Dan talks about war, there's gotta be a boxing analogy.