Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Holy poo poo, thanks for the comprehensive OP there. I've been wanting to learn more about China's long history and it never occurred to me for some reason that there might be a podcast that deals with that very thing. I wish I have a recommendation but you've already mentioned that the only one that I knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

I hope I'm not breaking the rules of my own thread, but just because we haven't gotten much new podcast blood in here recently, something that I've been enjoying quite a bit lately is the You're the Expert podcast. It is a comedy podcast, but it's the host and 3 comedians using games and bits each week to try and shed light on Harvard professors positions and areas of focus. You'll get anything from rare book experts to quantum theorists and everything in between. There's maybe slightly more comedy than intellectual discussion going on, but it's definitely got a fair share of both and after listening to a dozen or so episodes, I can say that I've definitely learned more than I thought I wanted to know about at-first boring-sounding jobs.

Thanks again for another great recommendation. Master's Degree Theater is the best segment of any podcast I've ever heard. I would also say that the comedy and the education parts of the podcast are well-balanced. I still don't get what Bayesian Statistics is all about though.