Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith
Jeff Goldsmith gets access to some of the most interesting screenwriters in Hollywood and tries to get in depth in the process of how they wrote their scripts, and how the films translated from page to screen. He’s publishing a new iPad magazine these days, so he’s often able to get the screenwriters from very recent big movies. Amazing insight.
My recommended first episode: The first one that really blew my mind was the Rise of the Planet of the Apes one.

Wow. Listened to a couple of episodes today (Drive & Martha Marcy May Marlene) and it looks like this podcast is going to take up a lot of my time. Thanks!

Edit: Having listened to a few more episodes, Jeff Goldsmith is a good interviewer and asks a lot of great questions, however, his 'California dude' tone of voice and phrases are starting to get a little annoying. Constantly referring to the interviewee as 'man' and ending every episode with 'and that's how the Q&A went down'.

To contribute, The Memory Palace is a monthly podcast that consists of a short (anywhere from 1min to 15min) interesting story from history. Sometimes it's an unbelievably insane story, sometimes it's beautiful and heartbreaking.

Being so short it doesn't take long to sample a few episodes, but Nee Weinberg is one that immediately comes to mind as being particularly good.

tnimark fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

The Jeff Rubin Jeff Rubin Show
Thank you for this. I've listened to the first 4 episodes and it's great. I can't believe how fascinating I found the pizza tours episode. Definitely not something I'd have made an effort to check out without that enthusiastic recommendation.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I've listened to about 10 episodes now after that post and this is my new favorite podcast. I think it works so well because Jeff Rubin is such a great host. The interviews are great (especially the R.L. Stine ep) and the guests/topic are great for my demographic (late 20's/early 30's).

My favorite episodes are the aforementioned R.L. Stine and Action Park, the world's most dangerous waterpark. Can't wait to burn through more.

I'm listening to them in order and I got a little excited when I saw that R.L. Stine episode near the top of the feed. I was a huge Goosebumps fan when I was a kid (my collection of ~100 books is still somewhere at my parents' place) and I know nothing about the author at all. I might have to skip ahead to that one.