Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I hope he winds up releasing it! I wonder what the subject will be?

How long was the 'old' Hardcore History, anyway? Was it shorter (less than 1 hour) in the past?

Hardcore History is so long I was kind of surprised when an episode of 12 Byzantine Rulers was just so incredibly short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Nah, the best one will be about the history of boxing.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I sort of wish they do another Reverse Dollops. It's not that American History aren't interesting (it's not, my country's is far more interesting), but I sort of wish the Dollop can do something about other countries' histories. Like, their live episodes on the historical comedies of Australia are good, I want more of that.

Basically I'm asking if there's a "Dollop" that covers other countries.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Rhesus Pieces posted:

If that's the case please listen to the Cereal Men episode right now.

Gary's pure anguish is part of a complete breakfast.

Gareth in The Cereal Men at 1:19:38 posted:

No, no! It's...loving Kellog? Shut the gently caress up. Shut the gently caress up. Tony the loving Tiger's in cahoots? Snap, crackle, loving pop?

Gareth in The Cereal Men at 1:28:36 posted:

No! NO! You motherfucker!

I mean this is loving- Are you loving me- Are you kidding me, Dave? Are you seriously...how the gently caress does nobody know this poo poo?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
It's also the source of "People say this is funny?" and "Someone or something is tickling people."

Solid episode.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Are there good recommendations for left-wing political podcasts? I've only listened to Slate's Political Gabfest so far.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
God, that impression was great.

I'm confused, though, when is Stephen supposed to host Late Show?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Show me your gay calculation.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Random Stranger posted:

You sound just like my old teachers. "You have to show your work!" they'd tell me ever time I turned in my homosexuality homework.

Well maybe if you would just do it you wouldn't have to redo all the butt analysis assignments over and over!

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
What do people think of the Rex Factor? I've been loving it so far, to the point of putting it in first priority above the comedy podcasts.

Makes me wanna memorize the kings and queens of England.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

twoday posted:

I love your music and I love this.

Do episodes 5-7 exist?

This reminded me, a while ago I recorded several letters from the 1673 invasion of New York by the Dutch, set to ominous banjo music.

I didn't know 'ominous banjo music' was a thing until now.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
You can buy 4 albums containing those episodes off iTunes, they're 10 dollars each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Prophets of Doom is also free.

Goon Danton posted:

Is the Hardcore History backlog worth buying? I didn't know about the podcasts when he was doing stuff like Death Throes of the Republic or Ghosts of the Ostrfront.

The History of Byzantium guy puts some effort into getting all the Greek right, as far as I can tell as a non-speaker.

The guy who does History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps puts effort into getting everybody's names right, and it's obvious how proud he is of his Arabic pronunciation when he gets into that era (since that's his specialty).

In contrast, the hosts of The Lesser Bonapartes just gave up trying to pronounce names of ancient Romans and said nobody now really knows how things are pronounced back then.

Rodyle posted:

Ghosts of the ostfront and Wrath of the khans are his best series because Dan's crazy reading voices most suit apocalyptic World War II letters and insane Mongol rants of superiority.

Prophets of Doom is also really good, it's my favorite episode of the dollop.
Wait, the Dollop did that? In what episode?

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Aug 20, 2017