Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

Hardcore History released a new episode. It's 4.5 hours long :stare:

I cant lie, I'm pretty loving stoked for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Hitch posted:

Agreed. I started trying to listen to his podcasts, but it almost seems like they aren't scripted. He clearly has done quite a bit of research, but in the little time that I listened it's almost as if he has a concept and an idea on what to present, major talking points if you will, but I always get frustrated when it seems like he's searching for a word. It's just a pretty big difference I've noticed between that and other, more heavily edited podcasts.

I think the extemporaneous delivery is a very conscious stylistic decision on his part. Probably comes from his history as a radio guy. He's clearly meticulous - to a fault, maybe - about the final product. If you read one of the many apology letters he ends up writing for taking so long to get an episode out, he'll talk about things like the differences in pacing a single hour and half long show versus pacing a 5-part series, or how a 4-hour show needs to be built from the ground-up differently - like keeping the fact that people will be pausing and coming back to it later in mind. In his most recent public apology he says one of the reasons the shows take so long to get out is because he's gotta spend 4 hours a day just listening to the whole show again.

The History of Rome is a podcast which has a very scripted delivery style, and to be honest I think the show suffers for it.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
i remember carlin talking about name pronunciations in one of his episodes. he said that it can be a or b, but whats really important is that you are at least consistent. which, he admits, he isnt.

theres no help for you here in this post, i just think thats funny