Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMA CURES ALAWIS
Sep 5, 2013

by XyloJW

WDIIA posted:

Having just finished my second run-through, I think it's fitting that the History of Rome podcast peters out the way that it does, because I think it tonally simulates the decline of the empire. It really imparts a sense of melancholy sor something that had been so vigorous

As a dude who has studied a lot Chinese history, I really didn't like "The Chinese History Podcast" (which I think people have been referring to as The History of China) . The host just irks me and I recall thinking that his scholarship wasn't up to snuff. And he's really into Communist era stuff, which I find to be the least interesting part. But that's just me, and I admittedly stopped early

A Short History of Japan was really good but the dude hasn't updated in a year

Anyway, I just downloaded "The History of China" and "History of Japan." Haven't listened to the former yet. The latter seems OK so far except that the host's way of speaking drives me kinda nuts

\/Ok, yeah that's the one I just downloaded. The OP recommends a different one though, so it's hard to know what's what \/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU