Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

I went on a philosophy podcast search a few years ago, and here are the podcasts that actually stuck with me:

Philosophize This! - Coming in as someone with a pretty poor conception of 20th century philosophy, this was good for getting a quick survey of philosophy that doesn't assume prior knowledge. The host can be a little obnoxious, but it was a good foundation.

History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps - If you want to go hard on background, this is the podcast to go for. I got about 100 episodes in, and do not think I even hit 0AD. Looking at their website, I think they're in the 1600s right now with episode numbers in the 400s. The host is a little dry, but not bad.

Plastic Pills - This is the philosophy podcast I ended up on, which I really strongly like. The hosts are a mix of "ideas don't matter, material conditions matter" hard-left, phenomenology, and social liberal political theory types, and they cover a range of 20th and 21st century philosophy topics. They try to stay accessible to people without a philosophical background, with varying degrees of success, but are consistently a fun listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU