Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

uPen posted:

Well I like Revolutions so I guess I've got something else to listen to while I wait for the next episode of that and hardcore history.

I started listening to Hardcore History after finishing History of Rome and am almost through the free iTunes episodes, which means I'll soon (and gladly) enter paywall territory. Should I just start from the beginning? Cherry pick? Are there any episodes I should avoid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I both love and hate the buildup Dan does for a person/place/thing in HH - especially people. I can't stand when he goes on and on about the person's intro to the narrative (e.g. Caesar, Genghis Khan) while being coy about saying the name and I'm like "Just say it. Just loving say it. We all know who you're talking about." But when the podcast is over I look forward to hearing how he'll do it for the next person and get a stupid grin on my face each time he launches into it.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

What? To each their own, but I find Mike's dry humor to be a lot funnier. Also his Koufax : Aurelian analogy was perfect.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Antares posted:

Can we get him to interview Greenwald or vice-versa? Imagine how many hours of content would be created

I could have sworn I heard him interview Greenwald on his show a couple years ago, but a quick search turns up nothing.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Yeah the episode "covers" have always looked like outsourced fanart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Maybe it's just been a while since I've listened to a Hardcore History, but I'm about halfway through the latest episode and feel like what I've heard could easily be cut in half. Dan is talking in circles so many times and I just want him to get on with it.