Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I really want to like Neil DeGrasse Tyson's Startalk, but I can't stand the format.

I wish he would just post the interviews, rather than playing clips of them and then discussing them with other people. It is too choppy. The live shows are good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Malloreon posted:

It's unlikely Dunning will be able to keep doing Skeptoid episodes from prison.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ebay-the-fbi-shawn-hogan-and-brian-dunning-2013-4

He's pretty much hosed, isn't he?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

~Coxy posted:

Omega Tau, especially if you like aeroplanes.

I'd be interested to hear your opinions on 99% Invisible.
I've gotta admit I haven't tried it (yet) but it sounds a bit too pop-sci for me.

I'd compare 99PI to a show like "How it's Made". I've never really had any bombshell revelations while listening to it, it's more just a "Here's a half hour story about something you might not have ever thought about and also I have a great broadcasting voice" type podcast.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

buglord posted:

How do y'all feel about Behind the Bastards? As the title suggests, a series about pretty bad folks and their upbringings. Finished about Saddam Hussein, then some about the Kim family in NK. They discuss some lesser known bastards too, and also disgraced bastards who have worked/got kicked out of the Trump Administration. Haven't listened to the political ones about the current alt-right hell we live in, for sake of sanity, but what I have listened to so far is pretty amazing and actually pretty funny.

I like Behind the Bastards, but sometimes the "throwin bagels" poo poo gets old.
He's a great reporter and when he doesn't devote 10 minutes of the episode to "I'm going to throw these bagels and hit them with a knife" it's much better.

He also has a really good rotation of guests, my personal favorite is probably Billy Wayne Davis.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

SA is all over the 8 Chan episode of Behind the Bastards. Apparently Robert used to have an account here.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I don't know if this is the proper thread for ReplyAll, but the most recent episode is absolutely fantastic.
Edit: Just in case, this is about Episode 158: The case of the missing hit.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 9, 2020

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I’m just mad that the one time “know it? I wrote it!” would have been appropriate it wasn’t used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

323 - New York To Paris
46 - The Cereal Men
12 - Rube Waddell
87 - Action Park
and 207 - The animal horror of Macquarie island.