Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
You can get a bundle of all the older episodes for $50 at Dan Carlin's site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

I think the schedule for Revolutions is 12-15 episodes per event, with a month off inbetween. The next event should be the French Revolution, though I'd imagine that the Russian Revolution is high up there.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Hunchie posted:

Is there any good health related podcast, tired ABC's health report ABC's health report but I didn't really like the format.
Also while spruking ABC podcast as some one who's never studied philosophy I find the The Philosophers Zone really informative easy enough to follow most of the time.

I don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for, but Sawbones is a husband and wife team talking about the history of obsolete medical practices. It's both funny and educational.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

I just watched the video that Mike Duncan of Revolutions did about the "Shot Heard Round the World" and really enjoyed it. Does anyone have any recommendations for similar youtube channels that have that same kind of fast paced informative video?

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Thwomp posted:

I've only just recently discovered youtube channels but these fit the bill (in decreasing order of speed but they're all really fast paced):

Thank you, I'm subscribed to CGP Grey but the rest are new to me and look promising.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

I think he said that he was going to stay away from Iran and the Arab spring because they were too fresh and could cause some controversy. I myself can't wait for the Russian revolution.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Does anyone know what episode has the "Oueen poo poo of Liesville" bit? I know it won't be nearly as funny in context, but I'd still like to know.

I just listened to the Thomas Kinkade, and it's amazing the turn the episode takes once he becomes one of the craziest alcoholics that I've heard of. I also listened to the history of pools episode, which I didn't like as much because they kept using the same joke of a gay guy wanting to see naked boys.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

He claims Ben (if there is a Ben) as a dependent for welfare money.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Dan Carlin just put up a new shirt in his store:

Now all we need is a boxing analogy shirt and we're set.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

What are some of the more outrageous or outlandish Dollop episodes? The Rube and Dolphin are the two I hear the most from fans, but if I were to put together a list of 5-10 to listen to with a newcomer what are the other craziest ones?

Definitely the Newport Sex Scandal, and I like the Thomas Kincade episode.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

I've never noticed and now I'm worried that when I listen to the next episode it's going to be all I hear, so thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

I'm a big fan of Logical Insanity.